Where to find one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

redbaron586

Hi everyone. I'm looking at getting a defender 90. I am a college student and have about 12K to spend. Ithe lowest I've seen was in the low 20's but I was wondering if anyone knew if I could find a defender 90 in good condition, with relatively low miles for that price? I know I'm probably not gonna come up w/ anything, but hopefully there is one

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you find a Defender for under $20k, you better snag it fast.

Honostly I don't think your going to find one in the $12k range or even close. Then tend to have a very high resale value.

R

redbaron586

yeah, that's what I was thinking. I guess I'm going to go onto plan b, which was a late 90's early 2000's Discovery, or late 90's range rover. Thanks for your help

N

NHESS81

Are you just looking for the ride? Or are you going to off-road? If you just want the name, which is fine, get a range rover...if you want to off-road get a discovery....thats purely based on onroad driving comfort....have fun!

R

redbaron586

it will be mainly used for drvinig on-road, although I do need something to get around my mountain house. I'm a little skeptical of getting a range rover b/c new they are an arm and a leg. but a 7 year old RR I can afford and have money left over.

N

NHESS81

Right, well its not like those are 'bad' years still...but a Defender is going to be even more of a beast than a Disco on the road..just letting you know, incase you had little experience with Land Rovers...trying to just lay it out there, and you can take it for what its worth. I have a 97 Disco that I bought for under 6k, it is in good condition, but it has been a long time in upgrades, as after fixing the previous owners lack use, I have put about 2k into in 6 months, and am looking at 1500 for a total brake refit, tranny flush, and exhaust repair....then my first step will be a 2" lift of the suspension (a lil over 600), and from there tires (at least 500), then bumpers/roofrack/other stuff (all 500 or more each)....soooo, it takes a lot to initially get a Disco super off road, but it pays for itself once its done...but I would suggest a Range Rover if you are mostly going to the store or driving from city to city....

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you can look right in these classifieds. Someone (me) has a nice '99 RR for sale. I can raise the price to $12000 if need be ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72