where to locate O2 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

pete2528ca

Hi again everyone...

Does anyone know where these O2 sensors are located on the exhaust, I would like to try to change them myself. I have a 97 Disco and I think there are four sensors. Has anyone had any luck cleaning thiers?

P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0150 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Thank you again.

Pietro

D

discomike

Pietro,
First of all they can't be cleaned.
As to their location, there is one just under each exhaust manifold under a foot down on the exhaust pipe, the other ones are located on the exhaust pipe just past the cats.
Have you started looking for replacements, take your time, generics are OK and less expensive, just make sure they are plug and play with no wire cutting.
Start looking at places like Atlantic British and see what sort of pricing is out there and make sure to replace all 4 if you can afford to, the truck will run so much better.
Mike J.

P

pete2528ca

sounds good...i can order four plug and play for around 450 usd vs my one at the dealer in toronto for 400 canadian.

are they hard to change out?

P

pete2528ca

oh sorry, and will it damage anything if i wait till spring to do it...i've just been clearing the check engine light with the old obd2 about once every three to four days incase a real check engine light comes on. that shouldn't hurt the computer will it?

D

discomike

The only problem with letting it go too long is you stand the possibility of loosing your cats if the O2's allow the engine to run too poorily.
Take care,
Mike J.

P

pete2528ca

well i just contacted the lot i bought the disco from and told them that i was told that the car would be in top operating order when i took posession of it, and that it was inexcusable that one month into owning it the o2 sensors are gone. I think that they are going to pay for the sensors and i will have to pay for the labour to install them, or just do it myself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins