Where's the aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trackstar

Reaction score
Having just obtained my new-to-me LR3, I have already begin looking to customize it a bit. I am rather surprised, or should I say disappointed, at the dearth of aftermarket options. Coming from a BMW, I was overwhelmed with choices. Best of all, there was almost always a clear "bang-for-the-buck" option - a solid piece at a reasonable price.

I can hardly find anything for the LR3, let alone a good bang-for-the-buck option. FWIW, I'm looking for a bullbar/nudgebar, aux driving lights, chip/reflash, and wheels.

So, where do you guys shop for your LR3 stuff?

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you imported a diesel you won't find any chip/reflash. They are non-existant for the LR3.

As for a bullbar, you have the two dealer options and also the ARB bullbar. Lots of aux lights too if you are willing to customize. I've seen em mounted on bull bars and also on roof racks.

Wheels.. Most of us are going with the factory 18" wheels and mounting good AT tires like the Nitto Terra Grappler, Cooper Zeon LTZ, BF Goodrich All Terrains..

There are also a few resources for underbody protection. Skids and rock sliders.

I don't think you'll ever find the aftermarket following for Land Rovers as you do for BMW's. It's just a fact that there are a whole lot more BMW's on the road then LR's. Being that I have a 335i I'm in the thick of it and see a whole lot more stuff for my 3 series then my LR3.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think as used values drop you'll see more options. The primary Land Rover buyer isn't quite the same as the primary BMW buyer, and just didn't buy to tune it. As it gets closer to mid-teens in value, the LR3 will get a lot of more people interested in building dedicated trail rigs so the aftermarket will get better.

For wheels, there's Redbourne - discounttiredirect has them, I'm sure other places do too. I've read that X5 wheels fit but do some research as I don't know for sure. Tirerack lists a bunch of wheels, but they are all 20" and above, which don't interest me so I haven't paid attention.

Hi-Country Offroad has been using my LR3 as a prototype vehicle, so far he has sliders, a compressor bracket, and a couple of skids done. He's working on a front bumper/bull bar as his and my schedules allow. Hopefully end of December. There's also the Rasta stuff, the ARB as mentioned before, and a few other brands that I can't recall but that will pop up if you search this forum.

Every once in a while I have strange visions of stuffing a 4.2 supercharged from the RRS in my LR3, and then I wake up to reality.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo