Which color hides dirt and dings best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RON8O

Reaction score
I'm new here so please be easy on me. :wink:

This is not the typical "which color looks best?" question, but specifically which colors hide dust/dirt and dings the best? We're looking at a new LR4 and so far our favorite colors are Nara Bronze, Fuji White and third choice would be Indus Silver.

i've already hit our friend Finlayforprez up for his thoughts on this, but I'm wondering what the overall consensus is on this.

What do you think?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver and gray tend to hide dirt the best in my opinion.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have the indus silver, and also like the white and grey. I think silver and white would probably hide pin striping the best...

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver and bronze

Black and blue look the sharpest on the showroom floor, but unless you live in snow and winter-free climates, and never take the thing off the road, are nearly impossible to keep clean

marijono

Reaction score
We have Nara Bronze... it hides the dirt very well. Not sure yet about ding. However, I don't believe any of the color will hide the brake dust ;-)

Redleg Rover

Reaction score
For hiding dirt, I have to vote for Ipanema Sand… mine never looks dirty. Not sure about how that color handles dings.

chinochulo

Reaction score
I have stornaway grey, and think it hides dirt well. In fact I think the LR4 looks much better dirty than it does clean. And if I were convenient, I would powdercoat the wheels dirty "brake-dust" color.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM