Who has the swing away rear tire carrier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you care to post some detailed pictures of the apparatus? I'm looking to make my own an wanted to see how it connect to the frame through the bumper.

Thank to anyone in advance!

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have it but there are lots of pictures out there. Here's a link:
http://www.britishpacific.com/lrpartsSite/landroverparts/LR3swingAway.htm
Here are some more pics:
LR3-ZA-RearTireCarrier.jpg

LR3_RoofTent_ARB-Rear.jpg

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I contacted them to buy the one they show. They no longer carry the item due to lack of interest. I contacted the manufacturer who quoted me nearly $1300 shipped. That's when I decided to make my own. It looks fairly simple.

erankin

Reaction score
Do these require significant prep or alteration? how do they attach I really want one but not at the additional cost of hacking up the body

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
Do these require significant prep or alteration? how do they attach I really want one but not at the additional cost of hacking up the body

Have to cut a hole on the plastic pumper cover and mount the unit to the metal bumper under it. Have to mount the latch mech to the bumper where it swings back to the vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo