Why do american trucks get much better mpg that the lr4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop that removed and replaced my lower control arms has a 4 wheel dyno. Its more of a tuner shop than a repair place for Land Rovers. They tried stiffing me on tie rods so I'm not in a big hurry to go back.

I'll definitely post-up if/when I get a dyno graph. I'm curious about it because its pretty informative information. It can tell you where the shift points should be too. But because we don't have an exact 1:1 gear ratio I'm not sure what the impact is when reading it for shift points.

plainolejeff

Reaction score
The shop that removed and replaced my lower control arms has a 4 wheel dyno. Its more of a tuner shop than a repair place for Land Rovers. They tried stiffing me on tie rods so I'm not in a big hurry to go back.

I'll definitely post-up if/when I get a dyno graph. I'm curious about it because its pretty informative information. It can tell you where the shift points should be too. But because we don't have an exact 1:1 gear ratio I'm not sure what the impact is when reading it for shift points.
Hi Powershift,

Are you in Vegas? Which shop do you take your LR4 to usually. Thanks.

Jeff

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a dyno run on various grades of fuel and the timing adjustments as well. Please do it and post it up. Thanks in advance.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting 8.7 MPG now driving in 2nd gear around town. It tapped into a new level of fun with the LR4.

hNQmLWJ.jpg

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 lr4 with 162k miles and the mpg has been pretty consistent from 16.8 to 17.4 with pretty consistent combo of town and highway

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72