wierd problem again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

pete2528ca

OK here it goes again...

The rpm's in my disco 1 dropped again at a red light...

I just washed the truck and it is fu--ing cold out, and it turned into a rolling block of ice. (the reason behind this was that my gas door was frozen shut and two bottles of lock deicer didnt work) Anyway filled up started driving and i had this loss of power for a few seconds. The last time it happened was after a heavy rain and flash freeze a couple of days ago. I just changed the plugs to bosch plus four's and have new wires on order and should be arriving any day now. Could one or more of the wires be arcing and hence the loss of power because of the humidity?

any help would be great

pietro

T

tcosson

Could you have maybe froze up the air intake, does it have snorkel?

D

discomike

When you say you washed your truck, do you mean your engine also? If you did, you most likely have a bad /dirty connection under the hood. Could be a bad ground and dirty/loose connector.
Best thing you can do is go through and clean, check and tighten as many grounds and connectors as you can.
If your plug wires are real bad and they got wet, they could be the problem.
Good luck,
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635