Wife is looking at buying an LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt93

Reaction score
My Wife is looking hard at the LR4 and the Cadi SRX. She is worried about the warranty (or lack thereof) on the LR4 where the SRX has a 100K powertrain. How do you with LR4's like them? Problems? Concerns? I know about the legendary LR history. I'm a Cummins guy myself (I tow a lot and often) but have always loved the Rovers. Thank you in advance -Steve

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I love mine so far. I've had it less than 2 months but we have been on two large family vacations with it. It has been quiet, comfortable and competent at every thing we have thrown at it.

There are things I sure wish were different about it, NAV system, gas mileage, hitch system...but over all it hits the "bulls eye" just about every time.

Here is a link to a conversation I have had on another forum about the LR4. This guy must have gotten one of the first ones sold. http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f82/after-one-year-lr4-44244/

To be honest, I have worried about the warranty being up and I still have to pay on the truck. My last truck, 05 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4 was out of warranty for almost 3 years and I didn't have to do anythign to it other than brakes, tires and a battery. My LR4 will be out of warranty for a year before we have it paid for. A lot of people are taking thiers in right before the warranty is up to have any and all issues resolved.

Good luck and let me know if you have more specific questions about the LR4.

Rob

Sgt93

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. We are looking this weekend. The brake costs scare me but we will see.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would guess that location and driving style would play into the brake wear quite a bit. I always get more than 30,000 miles on my brakes. 12,000 seems really low.

The two vehicles are really different. The SRX is going to seem really small compared to the LR4.

Good luck on your shopping trip.

Rob

Sgt93

Reaction score
I think she has it narrowed down to the Audi and the LR4. 11-15K for brakes sounds insane to me. I own a Cummins Ram and tow all over with it and don't need brakes like that. Thanks for the brake update.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake info doesn't seem right. It took me 27,000 miles before my LR3 brakes had to be done - pads only. I'm wondering if they pulled a fast one on him. Also, if true, I'm sure you could talk the dealer into paying for or discounting for a portion of the cost especially if it was within 1 year. I don't think that brake replacement at 11,000 miles will be the norm, I'd peg it at 25,000 - 30,000 miles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72