Will Toyo Oc 285/60 Fit In The Lr3 Spare Compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I Am Running Cooper Zeons 285/60/18 And I Am Trying To Put The Same Size Tire As A Spare ..
Found Toyo Open Country In Good Shape For $60 .. Just Wondering If Anybody Tried To Stuff It Under The Lr3..same Size As Cooper Or Nitto So It Should Go..just Wondering Is It Stiffer Softer Bigger Smaller??

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Toyo Open Countrys 285/60-18. Full size spare fits underneath fully inflated.
You do have to get under the truck and give it a shove or two.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
Did you have to remove the black blocks and the rubber bumpers ?
Does it stick out a lot from underneath the bumper?

Toyos are not as square so they look smaller diamether wise , it should be very close to 285/60/18 Zeons .. my Toyo has been used just a bit... which I do not care being it a spare ..and actually like it better than a brand new spare ... after a year willbe just right with my other four and being it 31.5 in tire can be safely used in emergency...

I am very curious about the rubber bumpers...

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not have to remove anything. It does stick out a couple of inches. String it up
and see for yourself. Two things if you are going to mount your spare underneath.
1. You have to pull it out and put it somewhere else before you go out onto the trail.
2. You cannot use the hitch receiver with this size tire underneath. Just not enough
room.
So if you can live with no hitch receiver and don't mind taking it out and putting
it back in again each time you wheel, you should be good to go. Good luck.

DD

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
Well with running on 285/60/18 have really no option should not use smaller dia spare ..its like not having any so that is the only option...drive most the time in the city and for a trips with family have to have spare that is usable..
Have heard that removing those blocks and rubber stoppers allows to bring the tire up higher allowing for the hitch to be used....I'll play with it do not have the hitch yet to try it still if the tire will clear the bumper should clear the hitch...

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as removing the spare from underneath the truck.. of course being stuck in the mud with one flat tire it would be impossible to get under....
Does it also alter the angles of exit..clearance issues..shouldn't really could also save ones bumper like a skid plate????

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo