Winch Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Landrover winch mount is available separate from the winch? I can only find the whole kit winch and all for over $4k so that ain't happening.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think so. You dont want to go with a hidden mount? I guess you are going with metal bumpers so it will look pretty good with those.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Actually I'm completely on the fence. There's a pretty good write up on Landrovers Only about the three options being; hidden, landrover, or bumper, (ARB or other). To me the ARB is the obvious choice, but I'm just not sure whether I want to commit to all that weight full time. I know its not massive, but still. The hidden or discreet mount just bugs me. Mostly because its hidden. I suspect that maintenance and cleaning will be a pain and since it hidden, its not as cool.:cool:

Over the next week or so I'm going to work on a complete plan and story for my truck and try to put in all that I have discovered thus far. If I can get it to be all that I want it to be, perhaps it can help others and will solicit votes.
Right now I can only focus on heading to the beach tomorrow to bake in the sun. I don't foresee a lot of productivity.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Actually I'm completely on the fence. There's a pretty good write up on Landrovers Only about the three options being; hidden, landrover, or bumper, (ARB or other). To me the ARB is the obvious choice, but I'm just not sure whether I want to commit to all that weight full time. I know its not massive, but still. The hidden or discreet mount just bugs me. Mostly because its hidden. I suspect that maintenance and cleaning will be a pain and since it hidden, its not as cool.:cool:

Over the next week or so I'm going to work on a complete plan and story for my truck and try to put in all that I have discovered thus far. If I can get it to be all that I want it to be, perhaps it can help others and will solicit votes.
Right now I can only focus on heading to the beach tomorrow to bake in the sun. I don't foresee a lot of productivity.
I think you and I are in the same position about a lot of these accessories. I mentioned that a friend of mine installed the Devon 4x4 hidden-winch mount on his LR4 and it look good, but man, it was a very tough installation and I know upkeep and cleaning are incredibly difficult. I like the idea of the Land Rover kit, but I also could not find just the mount - did not seem to exist?

I am closely watching your posts and saving them, as they are going to be of great help to me as I start thinking about future accessories.

-David

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your dealer parts dept and ask them, they will know for sure.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your dealer parts dept and ask them, they will know for sure.
I did call two dealerships and they said that it seems like you can only order the whole kit (tray with winch), though they haven't really gotten any orders yet to see if they can do separate. One of them was going to look into it for me, but I need to follow up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo