Window ECU 95 Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zende

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, strange one...

Ever since owning my land rover my rear driver side window never worked. The passenger side rear would work once in a great while. A few days ago, I wiggled the wires around connected to the window ecu and the pass rear started working consistently. I took out the switch in the center console for the driver rear window, cleaned it and now the 2 rear windows work perfect..

I was proud of myself, until the next day when finding out my front windows no longer work (at all). I have never had a problem with them either!
Took out the ecu checked for bad solder, attempted to resolder, still nothing..

Should I order a window ecu from roverlandparts for $65 and call it a day???

Thanks

JimK

Reaction score
hi where is the rear passenger window ecu located plz?

JimK

Reaction score
thx a lot, am gonna write u here a thread i posted but never received a reply to it :( :

i got a LR3 SE 2007 few days ago, am pretty pleased in the performance and comfort however i have been facing the following issue and heard several technicians theory and i need ur kind help about this:
both rear windows together refuse to work or choose to work normally and randomly at each engine start up! they work or not all the time as long as i don't shut down the engine.
some say its the drain system leading to flooding the floor cables, some say its the related ECU, others the fuse box... maybe its a programming or reset issue that i didn't find yet in this forum...
thanks in advance

JimK

Reaction score
thnks, am gonna post here a thread i posted before but didnt get any reply yet :( :

i got a LR3 SE 2007 few days ago, am pretty pleased in the performance and comfort however i have been facing the following issue and heard several technicians theory and i need ur kind help about this:
both rear windows together refuse to work or choose to work normally and randomly at each engine start up! they work or not all the time as long as i don't shut down the engine.
some say its the drain system leading to flooding the floor cables, some say its the related ECU, others the fuse box... maybe its a programming or reset issue that i didn't find yet in this forum...
thanks in advance

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, haven't heard this yet on an LR3... the write up I posted was for a Disco 1. Well the only common is the ECU and wiring. Any chance this was a flood vehicle somewhere?

JimK

Reaction score
thkx fr ur reply Joey
i didnt find any trace of major flood, its probably the ecu or torn cables at the driver door level.
ill proceed gradually by checking some cables...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM