Window Electrical Issue!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Rover

Reaction score
Hey guys I have an advanced technical issue with my 99 range rover 4.0 SE.

A few months ago I started my vehicle and attempted to roll the windows down and they did not respond (none of them) so i figured it was just a fuse.....i was wrong. I ended up replacing all fuses and checking bothe fuse panels for power (both had power) and i also checked all relays which were good. I then dismantled the window switch panel at which point i noticed a RED wire (i assume power wire) and a green wire both were bare and had obviously touched resulting in shorting something out. although not a fuse or a relay what could possibly be the issue?

I did call land rover and the master tech told me it was probably a central wiring ....(part).....that cost about $500-600 for replacement and labor but i was hoping this was not the case. Please let me know if anyone has experienced this issue or can provide help to resolve it!!!! THANKS everyone!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help, but when it comes to Rovers if a wire shorts out, it could be anything from a fuse/relay/fusable link, to the BeCM.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4