Window Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtimer24

Reaction score
I have a 98 RR and the front windows are going buggy. The driver side window rolls up but stops about an inch short causing the whistling effect while driving. What gives? Is it the motor or some sort of settings. The passenger front window doesn't stop when you roll it up and I can't set it due to it jumping as it hits the top position. In order for the windows to seal I have to physically push them up with my two hands. Got any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

jak167

Reaction score
Does the window act up while stationary? Sometimes when driving, rolling up the last window causes positive pressure, pushing the window out, and the anti-pinch safety feature of the window thinks something is stuck and will not roll up all the way. Had it happen on another vehicle I own.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to replace my regulator cause somehow the panel that holds the window tore.... I think someone may have slammed it too hard and tore the metal. you can buy a tool to pop the panel off your doors pretty easily, the tool is like 5$ and looks like a flat head screw driver on a bad day:) I hope that helps

Karch

Reaction score
I actually just had the regulator for my 98 RR replaced today. It did the same thing. The problem was that the white plastic guide rollers broke. They had not come loose from the guide but that difference in height was about an inch. Had theycome loose the windo would not have raised at all. I had to use my hands to get it up the rest of the way. Note, they can not replace the white plastic rollers. They have to replace the entire regulator.

Get the part second hand and pay the labor at the dealer or certified service rep. Much cheaper.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4