Wiring for a trailer on my 97 Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

arkrover

I need to purchase a wiring harness for my 97 Disco. Any info will be helpful. Where, what, how to install info all needed. Not really wanting to cut or splice any wires, is there a kit that i can jus plug in?

98GRDisco

so does a 98 Disco. already have the female end of the harness setup?
If so where is it at?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
behind the passenger side (USA model) tail lights... you just open the little compartment and you will see it.

Reaction score
I was reading through other threads, which showed a uhaul part 13486 (converter box 3 wire to 2 wire like the british atlantic part above) could be a low cost install with minimal splicing for the disco 1. Before reading the thread i actually did install the part which worked fine for a while until i was towing a trailer and my alternator went out. when i had the alternator rebuilt i was told there was a short in the car that caused it since then i have removed the uhaul part and i havent had trouble since. after doing research for the alternator it seems that it had symptoms of it getting ready to go. Anyone have any ideas? or other low cost alternatives?

-98 disco 1 nothing special

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I used a slightly better part that required separate power source for the lighting, it was more of a high class relay. There is a 12v power source back there, just add a fuse and tap into it. Work great.

xengineguy

Reaction score
You guys might look at valley powered converters,I just installed one tonight on my D2.Will test it tomorrow,the unit I got was rated at 15 amps. Also installed a brake control, Gotta have trailer brakes!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112