Single LED brake light not working (LH): C111B-11 92F

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4-Paul

Reaction score
I have a LR4 2011 with a Single LED brake light not working (LH) RH and upper work fine. I've switched over the light units from LH to RH and LH worked. Therefore, a wiring issue. Plus, not getting any reading on the multimeter. I saw a YT video where someone with the same issue rewired it from the other side, but I prefer to find the route cause. Are the brake light wires spliced someone up the harness?, or a separate fuse? or should I be looking somewhere else for the issue? Any help appreciated. GAP ID tool code C111B-11 92F) Stoplamp - General Electrical Failure - Circuit short to ground. Resetting the failure code doesn't work.
Worth noting there was a trailer unit wiring harness (non LR) spliced into this rear light cluster. I wonder if this was the cause of the issue. I removed the unit and checked the wiring - no breaks. I am thinking it is further up the harness somewhere.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trailer wiring probably caused your problem.
I would remove the added on harness.

The brake lights are controlled by the Body Control module via transistors.
When these transistors detect a short, the will shut power off to that circuit.
I don't know if the GAP tool has this feature. But, the "protected circuit output reset" should be tried to see if it resolves your issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72