Wrangler MTR vs Pirelli Scorpion ATR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, i agree finding a pair of 18" wheels might be my best bet. i used to run BFG ATs on my old 2dr Tahoe and they were great. for the guys runnin the BFG's, what size? 265/65/18? any rubbing issues? also, any thoughts on the General Grabber AT2?

Last edited:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BFG 265/65 18 AT on mine. If you look in the forward side of the rear tire well you will see a little nub sticking out. Mine just kiss at times (And I have the rod mod). But I also spend a lot of time off road with mine. I would definately purchase again. Unless of course BFG decides to produce the KM2's in that same size.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't off road by any means but I can't beleive how well my Hankook Ventus's have held up over the last 6k or so. Very quiet, good snow traction and 195ea delivered. Might be worth picking up now and keeping an eye out for some 18's as a offroad set to get as serious as you want with.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im on my 2nd set of General Grabber AT2, and love them for snow, rock crawling, and mild mud. Its amazing to me what this truck can do with them on.
Rausch%20005.jpg

On road they are very decent, but rotate them with every (or every other) oil change or they will get noisy.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the help. i ended up finding a pretty good deal on a set of used 18" wheels. yup, it is going to be cheaper buying 18" wheels and either the cooper zeons, nittos, or the BFGs ATs than going with the 19" MTR tires. i am currently leaning towards the coopers. any thoughts? thanks again!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't really go wrong with the Coopers. They are great all-around tires.

aesopian

Reaction score
I was able to get through the mud that I was playing in today, but it was tricky. You can see how the mud cakes to the Pirelli Scorpion ATR.

Last edited:

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i really have enjoyed the cooper zeons thus far. they did cake up with mud pretty quick. i've had them for a month and already had to replace one thanks to a nail in the side wall. here is a pic of them with a bit of mud.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a new write up on the LRRF stating a member just installed 19" MTR's on his truck and they are very slippery on wet surfaces. This is not the first to say this, here in Colorado many people say they are not good in snow, ice and water and once you are 1/2 way thru the tread the noise level is very high.
Have you considered the new Good Year Dura Trac?

john100

Reaction score
D3 if you apply the brakes hard while traveling at very low speed. I decided to try and capture video to see if there was a problem with the ball joints, instead it looks to me that the rear bushings on the lower control arms are worn. Is this much movement normal?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4