Help non starting range rover p38

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

shol560114

I am hoping somebody may be able to give me some advice.I went out to my range rover it is a 96 on a P plate.I went to start it and nothing happened all the light come on as normal.I am getting no warning or error messages on the display.I did notice that the check engine light never came on.I have had it trailored to a local garage two weeks ago but they so far can't seem to find the problem.All they have told me is that they believe it is an immobiliser problem.If anybody could give me some advice i would be most gratefull as i would like to get my car fixed thanks.

B

BrettSanDiego

Did they at least try a new battery?

What leads them to believe it's an immobilizer?

Brett

S

shol560114

I am not to sure but i believe they have checked the starter motor and that seems to be ok yet when you try to start the car with the key you get nothing at all it dosn't turn over or anything.If you have any info on this problem i would love to know as the garage has had it 2 weeks now and it will be going in to the 3rd week on wedensday

B

BrettSanDiego

Sorry, I don't have any specific advice or experience. I'm just trying to help rule out the obvious things and trying to find out what has been checked and what diagnostic procedures have been undertaken already. You might try reading your owner's manual to see if there is some kind of alarm system immobilizer. I don't know about your Range Rover. If there is no immobilizer, I might think about the ignition switch itself, the relay for the starter (do you hear a click of the starter solenoid?), a weak battery as I've already suggested, bad starter motor...

You might try posting over on www.rangerovers.net/forum . Much more active forum over there.

Good luck with it.
Brett

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99