Land Rover Almost Sold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[IMGA=right]http://www.landroverworld.org/guts/news.png[/IMGA]The three-horse race to acquire two of Britain's top car brands, Jaguar and Land Rover, is extremely close, but a preferred bidder could be announced next month.

Two Indian companies, Tata Group and Mahindra & Mahindra, as well as the private equity company One Equity, whose bid team is led by the former Ford chief executive Jacques Nasser, are battling for control of two of Britain's most prestigious marques.

The offers are said to be very similar, according to industry sources. The sale process is also said to have been complicated by divisions among Ford's top management over the structure of any deal.

Ford has never revealed the list of suitors for Jaguar and Land Rover, which, together with Volvo, form its Premier Automotive Group. Industry sources say it is a three-way struggle: Tata and One Equity have been leading contenders since Ford put the brands up for sale and Mahindra & Mahindra, which had been thought to have dropped out of the running, has made a strong return to the fray in recent weeks in alliance with the US buyout company Apollo.

The sales process is proving complex. Ford wants to retain the contract to supply engines to the two marques and there has been some concern that the winning bidder may want to shift more of the components supply. Such concerns apply particularly to the two Indian contenders.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I don't know anything about either of the companies, but I'm thinking I'd prefer the One Equity suitor over the options. It just sounds better than having to say "some Indian company just bought Land Rover." I can only assume that some operations and support would move to the parent country, and none of my CSR experiences with India have been positive...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72