RaceChip Install on LR Discovery 5 L462

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StoneTrader

Reaction score
RaceChip has 3 products that boost HP/Torque on these 3.0 V6 motors by increasing supercharger boost levels. The Range Rover and Range Rover Sport come with the same engines but potentially with 380HP from the factory instead of 340 or 335HP as the D5 is rated.

The D5 is a little underpowered IMO so I think getting a little more power out of a motor that is already rated for 380HP duty is kind of nice.

This installation is very difficult from an access standpoint, not technical difficulty. Writing in to provide some tips on install.

Racechip requires you to intercept two signals going to the ECU. They're related to the boost levels and air measurements. The Racechip harness comes with (A) and (B) wires.

(B) is the smaller plug and it goes in the front of the engine. This is simple to find and install the intercept.

(A) is the larger plug and it goes to the back of the engine. While the F-Type or X series of Jaguar's might have easier access to this plug it is VERY difficult to get to on the D5. I imagine it is equally difficult for users installing on an RR or RRS.

I tried to reach around beneath the windshield wiper cowl and manually press the release lever and pull it out. This proved totally futile and I ripped up my arms and hands trying to get in there.

To release the lever holding the plug in, you really need to jam a screwdriver or needlepoint tool and left the locking mechanism and pull the plug. The way I did this was to unscrew the sensor bolt (7mm on mine, but reported as 8mm on Jaguar's by another user), pull the MAP sensor, unplug it, rewire the intercepts into the sensor and connector and reinstall the MAP sensor.

After install of the RaceChip GTS... the car is noticeably faster but did not turn it into a V8 Supercharged by any means. The car races through the gears faster and the car pulls harder. Still wish I had a V8 Supercharged but I really like the 3rd row in the D5 and power foldable seats/rear area.

MAP_SENSOR_OriginalPlug.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72