Storage Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that would another good solution :) i am just not sure how well boards will sit on non flat surfact. But then you are transporting them right now somehow, arent you :) And roof of disco isnt very flat :)

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
True, but with the raised yakima cross bars sitting on the factory rack thingy the board sits almost flat.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin,
I just picked up my rack (from NWP) at the shipping facility, not more than 30 minutes ago. I am back at work now so I won't be getting it put on for another day or two, but that is the route that I went. I know that Sergei also bought his rack from NWP (the low-profile one if I remember correctly) and he has also been pleased with it. My one complaint is that I ordered it a 40 days ago.

Sergei,
I totally forgot about the wilderness racks, they are quite strong and look really good. I mentioned the Hannibal rack because there is a 2004 Discovery for sale with the rack/tent combo near me - so it is often on my mind.

My buddy has a wilderness rack on his wrangler, and it works great. It was quite a bit more complicated to install/put on because we had a bunch of holes to drill, I am not sure if you have holes to drill on the LR version or not?

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Troy, thanks for the info....maybe I can get one faster since they are only 15min away from me right now.

M

montanablur

Okay so I'm a little slow, but I can't find NWP website... a little help...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy - no, they presumably using gutter mount clamps.. I been thinking about getting it at some point when i got ****** off about how long NWP been taking to build me goodies.. Then again - its somewhat their style - 40 days is nothing :) i been waiting for green monsters for like 3 months :) And rack + bumper took all the way from april till two weeks ago :) They are very busy and got very few people (i cant recall exact number, but its something like 3, and not all of them actually working on welding racks :)).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72