Easy care extended warranties???? YES??? NO???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjaskuls

Reaction score
Being offered the extended warranty at the dealership through a company called easy care.
Checked out the website and they seem credible...but don't they all.
Has anyone had experiences good or bad with this company
they are offering 2900$ (Canadian) for a 3 year 36000mile (60000km)
or $3500 for a 4 year 50000miles (80000km)

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually pretty cheap for a dealer quote. Try Ford ESP warranty too though. That's what a few of us have gone with. I think I paid around $2100 for my 3 yr, 36k. Haven't had to use it yet, nothing will break!

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard pretty good things about easycare, so I bought it when I bought my truck. I say go for it, 1 major repair and its pretty much paid for itself.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think I paid around $3,000 for 3 year to 100k. So far it's been great. But each time you take your car in you have to pay that deductible. So if one thing is broken on a certain day and you have it repaired you pay that deductible. But if something else breaks a day later and you take it in again, you have to pay the deductible again. So if you wait to get everything fixed at one time it is cheaper. One thing I found.

Oh, and I've basically paid for the warranty now with parts and still have 1.5 years to go.

myclejay

Reaction score
I just bought an 06 RRS SC with 42k miles. I went with the EasyCare warranty for the 3yr/36k miles. I've never had a car more than 3 so I figured it would be better. If I happen to keep the truck longer I can extend the warranty a year or so depending. I paid around $3700 and that was even after the $100 rebate for the inspection (I was out of warranty by 6 weeks :rolleyes:) This was with a $250 deductible. I may have paid more or less than others but I know that if that friggin supercharger or the air suspension goes i'll be damn glad I had the warranty.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it and don't look back. Mine's paid itself multiple times.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If youre going to get it, make sure you get the Total Care package. That one includes all the component coverage for your EAS systems..I have the Stated Care package and finding out that it doesnt cover it as much..Im looking into upgrading... I tried to use the Stated Care to fix my rear cargo door when the inner latch cable snapped - not covered. I tried to use it to fix my parking brake problem - not covered (only because no components were replaced, but the stealership just "adjusted them")

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Continental Warranty's UltraCare extended warranty. Its 0 deductible and covers pretty much bumper to bumper. 5y/60k cost me $4,750 before tax/etc... it was bought from my dealer.

Used it once already on air suspension... if u keep this car out of warranty, u BETTER have a warranty plan or ure gonna get screwed.

gomez2u

Reaction score
Any more recent quotes on warrantys? My local LR dealer is looking for $5400 for a 60/60K UltraCare warranty, which seems much higher than the $4700 quoted above.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if mine is relevant anymore, but about 2 years ago, I bought an extra 3 year/100k mile Easy care warranty (the highest level) for $3500 with $100 deductible. At the time, my truck had 49k miles... well, actually more like 51k, but my service manager fudged some numbers :wink:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo