2016 LR4 Landmark SCV6 Engine Failure at 65k. WWYD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is when the crossover pipe catastrophically fails the coolant level sensor doesn’t have enough time to issue a warning.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is when the crossover pipe catastrophically fails the coolant level sensor doesn’t have enough time to issue a warning.
This is my understanding; I did recently receive a low fluid warming on my 2012. I plan to tackle the timing chains, crossover pipes and coolant pipes later this summer...

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super bummer and I feel your pain as I am in a somewhat less crappy position. 110k and I know the chains are loose. I have it parked up while I think about it.
I was considering donating it as a 5th option but I don't even know if that would affect my taxes with the new standard deduction. In your case there is some ability to say you donated a $25k truck to charity.

teleskier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The technology to warn us is there, but not implemented. Its all I can conclude.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72