New to Forum and interested in buying a new LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valcor123

Reaction score
Hello to everyone here on the forum, I am very interested in a new LR4 about 16 years ago I owned a Discovery Series 1 (pic attached) I loved the vehicle but I had numerous issues (Electrical) on my 3 years I had it, was stranded 3 times with no power at all, other 2 times the control units were replaced, ignition switch issues and more... I would like your opinion on the new LR4? quality and over all satisfaction you have experienced.

Thanks to all.:proud:

JM

Attachments

• Jan30_03.jpg
    Jan30_03.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bushings are a problem, it will eat the break pads fast, not sure if they improved the nav system on the new LR4 and the tire selection (255/55/19) is just a pain if your going to do off road. If you are going off road get the HD package. These are the drag backs I see on my 2011 HSE that said its in my opinion its the best car of its class nothing comes close. The stuff I mention are maintenance stuff I can do my self or I can buy aftermarket stuff like 18 inch rims from compmotive, a GPS and ARB now sell front air lockers for the LR4! I wouldn't trade this car for anything!!!

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 33k on my LR4 and have to change the bushings I think they just went cheep or the 6k pounds of awesomeness is just to much. Usually you see people doing that at 60k. But no big deal LR dealer wanted 100+ each bushing I found one in Texas that sold them for 25 a piece all original LR. You can get some poly bushings from Atlantic British but they might be a bit loud they are supposed to be 5x stronger. I am getting new bolts, nuts, camms and Axel nuts (can't reuse Axel nuts) from my local dealer for 130+ I'm sure I can find them cheaper if I shop around but I don't like how it rides with worn out bushings so I'm breaking the piggy bank. I did ask the parts guy at LR why so fast and his first response was "have you been off road?" I ask him why? Isn't LR4 supposed to be the "off road" vehicle? He didn't want to anwser .

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a data point - 1 year, 10k miles.

Problems - one bad fuel injector, and a few squeaks and rattles to be resolved. Much better than my experience with the domestic brands to date.

Let's see what happens now that I have said something...

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my data is 2013 LR4 at 1 year / 7 months @ 16.5k miles:

Front and rear brake pads, 3rd oil / filter change, and air filters. (Nothing out of regular maintenance)

Desert climate with quite a few sand driving trips over dunes.

olalekan

Reaction score
i have a lr4 in my working and it refuse to open ignition . nothing is on

olalekan

Reaction score
lr3 display E and the hazard is on , check engine light is not on , the car refuse to start .

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another data point. 4 months. 12K Miles. Some off road. No issues except a one time bogus "charging system fault" warning - apparent software bug that showed the warning but no issues existed, truck worked great and problem disappeared. Haven't needed any maintenance stuff yet though I will do the recommended (and free) first service at 15K (or somewhat earlier.) Added Compomotive 18" wheels and somewhat stronger tires.

Absolutely love this truck. There is nothing out there like it - for how I use it (mostly highway and my primary/only vehicle with a mix of off road/back road and camping). As with all the vehicles I have owned I wish they had done a few little things differently - but everything is very minor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72