Comp PD1880 hubcaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you have these wheels installed on your LR4? I got my tires and installed them on the car today, everything is great (pictures to follow) except that the stupid black hubcaps I removed from my 19" OEM wheels, expecting to just snap them on the Comps, fall off. It seems the diameter of the center bore on the Comps wheels is just a smidgen larger than the stock wheels, so the hubcaps don't quite snap in. Should I just Superglue them in place? :biggrin:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you have these wheels installed on your LR4? I got my tires and installed them on the car today, everything is great (pictures to follow) except that the stupid black hubcaps I removed from my 19" OEM wheels, expecting to just snap them on the Comps, fall off. It seems the diameter of the center bore on the Comps wheels is just a smidgen larger than the stock wheels, so the hubcaps don't quite snap in. Should I just Superglue them in place? :biggrin:
Hey umbertob,

I can't wait to see photos of your new wheels/tires - so excited! :) As far as the black center caps falling out, I actually heard of that happening from a friend of mine. I think he ended up buying the black Land Rover center caps that were not actually caps, but heavy duty decals that stick onto the center caps and then stuck them to the Comp center caps. Actually, I don't even know if the Comps have center caps???

-David

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the exact ones I have on my OEM wheels (black pack)... They fall right off the Comps (unless they started making them in smaller diameter on MY2013s, I seriously doubt that.)

Teaser shot - minus the stupid hubcap. More photos of the whole car tomorrow, too dark for photos of black wheels tonight. :wink:

IMG_2525.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob,

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your LR4.

Wheels and tires look amazing.

-David

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
Definitely no issue with my set.
Tight fit, and about the same pressure needed to remove as the factory ones.
As the original OP stated you could always add glue, but on the heavily corrugated roads that have hammered my tyres, none have parted way.

Brett....

Outside pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos Brett, they must have used the wrong size to bore the centers of my wheels over at Compomotive then. I even yanked a hubcap from a wheel of my 2006 RRS to make sure it wasn't an issue with the ones that came off the 2013 LR4, same exact problem. The plastic "teeth" on the back of the hubcaps don't even grab the inner edges of the center hole, they just slide in and fall right out of it as soon as I let them go. Only some strong glue could do the trick (and I don't know for how long.) I wonder if there is some sort of adapter / ring installed on the Comps to make them compatible with Land Rover center caps that they forgot to install prior to shipping my wheels? I've emailed them, I am sure they'll get back to me on Monday.

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
Umberto,

I don't appear to have any ring attached to the rims.
I gather that my caps must just be a better fit, as they click in, and are definitely held in by the inner plastic clips.
I like the colour of your D4.
I had to really go with white, as I scratch the bugger out of the paint on the outback trips that I take.

Brett.....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love white, in fact I have been driving a Chawton white RRS for the past 7 years. I needed a change (and more room for the kids), thus the "midlife crisis" Firenze red LR4... Your Disco is very nicely equipped for overlanding, can you tell me a bit more about your dual battery setup? Where/how, etc? Considering that mod myself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72