Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tucsontom

Reaction score
ASFIR has not responded - but the time difference may explain. I hope to place an order for a couple items. Has anyone put an ASFIR sump guard on a 2014+ - I am not sure if there is a small difference due to the engine change.

tucsontom

Reaction score
I assume the ASFIR stuff is user friendly and can be installed easily by yourself?

Got a response from Susan at ASFIR - she says the sump skid plate will fit the 2015 with no issues. So they are obviously still in business just not doing business with the Scottsdale store. Good news. I may start with that and a diff. plate - since for how I drive that is the stuff I bounce off of in my current vehicle. We all wheel differently and in differently terrain.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tucsontom

Reaction score
The link you sent only shows LR3 plates - do they have LR4 stuff - but not shown - or is that why you had to do some mods?

tucsontom

Reaction score
Has any one purchased all 4 pieces of under-body protection from ASFIR for an LR4 and installed it? Or if you only purchased one+ component - comments on that or more. Aside from rock rails - this seems like the way to go. About to order them all. In all may years of medium grade wheeling - I have not needed rock rails but have banged up the underside of my various vehicles. I looked at my current skid plates yesterday and confirmed this! This clearly depends on your chosen terrain and I am not so much a rock crawler but a A to B off-road overland type.

tucsontom

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Plenty of info there. Yep - I want to take advantage of the June discount.

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link you sent only shows LR3 plates - do they have LR4 stuff - but not shown - or is that why you had to do some mods?

Tucsontom,

Yes-the plates are listed at LR3 but they fit the LR4; I believe the frame is the same for both vehicles.

The difficulty in installing has to do with the way one needs to move the mounting nuts into position; you bolt from underneath the vehicle upward and need a system for getting the nuts into the proper position and keeping them there. Also, I have mixed and matched underbody protection, such as the mantech engine sump plate. It is not a big deal and everything fits fine, but they are not necessarily designed to mate/compliment each other.

Hope this helps!

Land Rover Joe

tucsontom

Reaction score
That does help! My current Yukon has some under body protection and I have used it! Mostly up front - sump guard is what I have needed.. Want to protect the incoming LR4.
To date I have steered clear of rock slider terrain - but may add that later if I see a route that just has to be done. Certain areas near Moab for sure. This forum has been so helpful!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to add to what Land Rover Joe says --- HI, Land Rover Joe! We owe each other an e-mail for sure!!!!! ---- if you go the Tactical 4x4 route, you should e-mail Eric and let him know you have an LR4 when you order. While their website is not that great, they are better via e-mail or phone. I know that some of the products fit LR3/LR4, not all.... The transfer case skid plate is made for the LR4, there is a difference between them, and Tactical 4x4 had to modify the skid for the LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72