Has anyone replaced standard bulbs with LED's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb907

Reaction score
Here are the first five photos. I will add the final two in my next post. ( I had a little problem reducing the file size for the upload process.)

Attachments

• bulb off.jpg
    bulb off.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 151
  • front off.jpg
    front off.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 148
  • license 1.JPG
    license 1.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 149
  • bulb on.JPG
    bulb on.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 153
  • front on 2.JPG
    front on 2.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 147

mhb907

Reaction score
LEDs

My final two photos.

Attachments

• rear on.JPG
    rear on.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 150
  • brake on.JPG
    brake on.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 148

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you install the LED in the front head light assembly? Thanks!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....thanks for the pics. Good to know there is an alternative. The tail lamps, for example, go out like friggin' candles! I've replaces about 4 of them already. LEDs are great for luminaires that are meant to be looked at directly such as brake lights or turn signals. They are generally spec'd by their intensity output. For "area lighting" such as reading lights or headlights, I don't think they are quite there yet.

Slwroller

Reaction score
done

resurrecting an old thread here...

I just swapped all interior, puddle, license and running lights with LEDs. Looks MUCH better now. Just wanted to throw that out there to anyone contemplating the swap. Took a total of about an hour to do everything.

Best,
T.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake lamps, too? Now that I know how sensitive the LR3 is to voltage and even which replacement lamps go into the brake lamps, I'm curious as to whether or not you will experience some "Christmas Tree Faults" going off due to your LEDs.

Slwroller

Reaction score
Brake lamps, too? Now that I know how sensitive the LR3 is to voltage and even which replacement lamps go into the brake lamps, I'm curious as to whether or not you will experience some "Christmas Tree Faults" going off due to your LEDs.

I didnt do the brake lights, just the little wedge bulb/running lights and the license plate lights for exterior. I have had the interior lights in for a little over a week with no issues (yet). I kept all of the original bulbs as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo