Has anyone replaced standard bulbs with LED's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody replaced their standard interior bulbs with LED's? Or outside repeaters with LED's? If so, how did you know which size / model to get? How has your experience been so far? Which LED company did you buy from? Thanks!

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have not replaced any of my interior bulbs with LEDs but i have replaced the daytime running lights to match the color of my headlights and have been very pleased. All of the interior bulbs are replaceable without any modification with the exception of some of the larger bulbs. you can find the bulbs at superbrightleds.com and the sizing chart for all the bulbs in the LR3 is here http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/
we did this on my cousins car and it was really easy. if you have any more questions on this just PM me.

Noah

mhb907

Reaction score
LEDs

I am having good luck with LEDs from Super Bright LEDs. Their web site is www.superbrightleds.com.

I implemented the following replacements:
• All four red stop/rear lamps with 3 watt LEDs, number 1157-RLx3.
• White front parking lights with WLED-X6 (cool white)
• Amber side parking lights (in the headlight assembly) with WLED –X6 (amber)
• License plate, interior overhead, and front foot well lights with WLED-X5(cool white)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and they just drop right in? How do they look?

This is a great thing, potentially. I have burned through a lot of stop/brake lamps in the rear and one back-up lamp. Those darn incandescents go out like candles so it's nice to have an LED option.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having good luck with LEDs from Super Bright LEDs. Their web site is www.superbrightleds.com.

I implemented the following replacements:
• All four red stop/rear lamps with 3 watt LEDs, number 1157-RLx3.
• White front parking lights with WLED-X6 (cool white)
• Amber side parking lights (in the headlight assembly) with WLED –X6 (amber)
• License plate, interior overhead, and front foot well lights with WLED-X5(cool white)

MHB, could you hook us up with a pic? Maybe one at night to see the lights? If so, that would be cool.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know if the rear lamp in the cargo area can get brighter by using LED's. I'm pretty content with the other interior lights, but I want more lumens in the cargo bay.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the request for a photo. I'm curious to see what the LEDs look like. Any takes on posting one? :)

mhb907

Reaction score
I just returned from a week long trip. I will try to take some photos tonight.

mhb907

Reaction score
I took a few daylight and a few night pictures showing the LEDs that I installed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax