Ipod Interface Through Nav-Tv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt_Grim2

I just contacted Nav-tv yesterday & they got back to me today saying that mid febuary they will be making a ipod interface that allows you to use the navigation to full use the Ipod hands free...

I just thought i would share this with you because everyone is trying to find a way to fully integrate the Ipod to there LR3's...

Hope this helps...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They've been saying this for a while. I know one person that has a solution "now" using the Alpine Vehiclehub and the Nav-TV video input hack, but the controls are via a remote. Let's hope they will be offering more than that...

Anyway, if you must hide your iPod... this works fine and will be far cheaper:
http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/index.html

You think Nav-TV will ever update their web site? It hasn't changed in almost a year. Doesn't selling $1500-$3000 "Nav-TV" hack kits for LR3/RRS/RR allow them to pay a web site manager a few bills? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
I just contacted Nav-tv yesterday & they got back to me today saying that mid febuary they will be making a ipod interface that allows you to use the navigation to full use the Ipod hands free...

I just thought i would share this with you because everyone is trying to find a way to fully integrate the Ipod to there LR3's...

Hope this helps...

Please post this solution as soon as you hear of it. I would love to be able to control my iPod thru NAV.

Monster has a solution, but it takes over your radio and allows you to control thru radio screen and your radio buttons act as iPod buttons. Not a huge fan plus no kit for LR yet.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Monster iCruze solution is the same as most... simulates an external CD changer. It doesn't "take over the radio." It just replaces a CD changer. There won't be a LR kit, since we don't have an external CD changer.

L

lacarruk1

I checked with NAV-TV and they tell me they will release the LR3 NAV TV iPod solutino in February.

Where do they sell these HACK kits for the LR3 now for NAV TV? I do not see on website?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact one of their fabulous authorized installers. As I posted earlier in this thread, their web site... well... sucks. :)

M

Matt_Grim2

I contacted them by e-mailing them at [email protected] or by going to there UK website at www.nav-tv.co.uk and they have all the up to date information, The Nav-Tv Hack is $2200.00 and is plug and play except for sodering 4 wires then you can add a Dvd player for $350.00 or a 8 Disc Dvd-Changer for $750.00 which is what i did, also they will be selling the Ipod interface to use with the Nv-Tv kit starting Mid-Febuary & also selling a Xm/Sirius Interface with both tuners starting Mid-March... The Ipod and Satelite Radio Interface do not have a price yet but but it will be worth it to be able to use the touch screen nav in the LR3 and to not have the Ipod in site or the XM tuner in site...

S

shoeshine

I just ordered the NavTV Hack from NavTV UK. It is great to hear that I can expand it further by adding the Ipod interface once it becomes available.

Does this mean that you can control the Ipod and see the song and artist information on the Satnav screen?

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
I contacted them by e-mailing them at [email protected] or by going to there UK website at www.nav-tv.co.uk and they have all the up to date information, The Nav-Tv Hack is $2200.00 and is plug and play except for sodering 4 wires then you can add a Dvd player for $350.00 or a 8 Disc Dvd-Changer for $750.00 which is what i did, also they will be selling the Ipod interface to use with the Nv-Tv kit starting Mid-Febuary & also selling a Xm/Sirius Interface with both tuners starting Mid-March... The Ipod and Satelite Radio Interface do not have a price yet but but it will be worth it to be able to use the touch screen nav in the LR3 and to not have the Ipod in site or the XM tuner in site...
So - Are you saying at a minimum, you have to spend $2200 for the Nav - screen interface. Then in Feb, they will sell an iPod interface and in March, Sirius? These will all work thru my NAV system on an LR3 HSE?

L

lacarruk1

shoeshine said:
I just ordered the NavTV Hack from NavTV UK. It is great to hear that I can expand it further by adding the Ipod interface once it becomes available.

Does this mean that you can control the Ipod and see the song and artist information on the Satnav screen?

What did you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM