Ipod Interface Through Nav-Tv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Who did the install for you? Does this VOID Manufacturer's warranty in any way? Also - How does sound get fed to speakers when you add Sirius and iPod? Is it thru AUX connection because we all know how crappy that sounds?

Will there be a special cradle you will need to plug iPod into?

First off the item that Roveractive is selling is basically the same thing but doesn't do Ipod or Satelite Radio...

I had a Local custom car shop install it for me, no it does not void the Manufacturer's Warranty because there is nothing that you do to change the Navi you just add to it... The sound get Fed through Fiber-Optics into the Head-unit just like the Voice of the Navigation is.. It sounds crystal clear (just like listening to a CD)... Right now i only have a 8 Disc DVD-changer Hooked up so i can only watch Movies, When the Ipod interface is released in Mid-febuary (Price TBD but whatever it is it will be worth it) There will be a cable that hooks into the Ipod like you were hooking it up to your computer and it will be fed into the Glove Box, so you just plug in your Ipod & you can then you the Navi's Touchscreen... Same thing goes for the XM/Sirius Interface when it is realeased...

Everyone seems to complain saying that it is so much money, that it wouldn't be worth it even if the car cost $100K, I think that is the dumbest thing I have heard, you get what you pay for, if you want to use a FM transmiter or the Aux imput & only pay $100.00 then you get the crappy sound and you have to use the Ipod's little screen to control it, same goes with XM/Sirius Plug-and-Play units, I personally don't want these things sitting around in plain site, I like the look of it all being integrated because then it doesn't look like i stuck a $99 XM tuner in my $56,000 LR3, The money is worth it if it works and is sweet like the NAV-TV Unit is....

As for you Questioning my set up, what I have is The NAV-TV unit for $2200.00 and the 8 Disc DVD-Changer for $750.00then I ordered the Rearseat Enterainment Package that is in the Range Rover Supercharged & Range Rover Sport Supercharged (I just went to the dealer and bought just the 2 headrests as if the 2 i had were damaged) the reason i did this is because i like the way the match the seat colors and look factory not like it would of if i put 2 black Alpine Tv's in...Then i had the Local installer take the moniters out of the Range Headrests and Put them into my LR3's Headrests, so now it looks like i have the same setup as if i bought the Range Rover Sport Superchagered...It looks really sweet, then it is wired that each seat can watch a seperate DVD and use the Headphone jacks that are in the doors & yes the DVD changer alows each person to watch there own movie that is why it costs $750.00 not $75.00 like one from Circuit City... Then I have one JL Audio W7 that beacuse of the NAV-TV i can change all the settings through the Navi as if i put in an aftermarket Headunit...

Now i am all ready for the Ipod interface because all you have to do is connect 2 cables, Same goes for the XM/Satelite Interface...

Post if you have anymore ?'s

M

Matt_Grim2

Also i forgot to mention that i have a Rear-View camera that wired through the NAV-Tv & is fully integrated...

So as you can see all these things that you can do with this $2200.00 Nav-Tv hack makes it well worth the money...

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
Also i forgot to mention that i have a Rear-View camera that wired through the NAV-Tv & is fully integrated...

So as you can see all these things that you can do with this $2200.00 Nav-Tv hack makes it well worth the money...
I agree with you 100% that it is worth the extra bucks. What rear-view camera model did you purchase. I currently have the Sirius S50 installed in a cup holder and I am stuck using the FM Transmitter cause the AUX volume sucks. I also have my iPod sitting in my center console with wires running behind into the Belkin car kit adapter/AUX jack. PAIN IN THE A**!

I have no interest in DVD's or TV on my NAV screen, but I do however want to do the iPod, Sirius and rear view camera thru my NAV on my 2006 LR3 HSE.

1. I am assuming I need to purchase the NAV-TV unit for $2200. Is that this part:
AV Input MOST Range Rover Sport/ Dicovery 3 Part num: OPV-1LR on this link: http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/products.php?prodcat=27&catname=Land Rover / Range Rover

2. Then I need the camera model u purchased. Where does it get mounted?

3. Then in February, buy the iPod adapter

4. March, SIRIUS adapter

Correct?

5. What did they charge you to hook up the NAV MOST unit? And the rear backup camera?

6. Where do I buy the NAV-TV MOST unit?

7. Lastly, I see they are also releasing a Stereo Input & Phone Mute, Part num: ROVAUX to allow you to install an aftermarket phone kit via I Bus. Does this mean I can replace my crappy LR3 Factory PTI Bluetooth with a better kit and use the Navigation screen to control it? Also - do you think you would still be able to use the factory buttons for calls? And if youinstall a good kit, means you can probably store your phone book over BlueTooth. And since it runs thru Fibre Optics, no worries about external speakers. I am loving this more and more as I type. Just do not know if it is all possible????

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt_Grim2 said:
then I ordered the Rearseat Enterainment Package that is in the Range Rover Supercharged & Range Rover Sport Supercharged (I just went to the dealer and bought just the 2 headrests as if the 2 i had were damaged) the reason i did this is because i like the way the match the seat colors and look factory not like it would of if i put 2 black Alpine Tv's in...Then i had the Local installer take the moniters out of the Range Headrests and Put them into my LR3's Headrests, so now it looks like i have the same setup as if i bought the Range Rover Sport Superchagered...It looks really sweet, then it is wired that each seat can watch a seperate DVD and use the Headphone jacks that are in the doors & yes the DVD changer alows each person to watch there own movie that is why it costs $750.00 not $75.00 like one from Circuit City...

Post if you have anymore ?'s
Uh, your story is a LOT different now... please post pictures of all of this. And your total costs. You started saying you used the Nav-TV tuner hack and a DVD changer (which you still didn't say "how" you control)... and now you say you used parts from the Range Rover Sport RSE DVD, too. I'm very skeptical and it really sounds like you are making this up. (Just buying the RRS RSE parts will cost you a ridiculous amount of money, and that doesn't even include all the effort trying to retrofit it into a vehicle that it isn't intended for!) If not, post some pictures and try to explain it more clearly... including how you control everything... and give us the name of your installer. By the way, RRS has factory Sirius since day one... why didn't you retrofit this in, too? :) I think it may be time for me to ignore this thread...

Anyway, regarding future Nav-TV add-ons... I won't believe it until I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

w6000

Please tell me what DVD player you Have. I have never heard of a DVD player that will play 3 DVD's at the same time.

34RoveR

Matt....please post some pics if you have the time. I'm not doubting a word you're saying, I would just love to see the setup so I can decide whether I'd be willing to pay the extra cash for your particular setup.

Thanks, Dennis

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
I agree with you 100% that it is worth the extra bucks. What rear-view camera model did you purchase. I currently have the Sirius S50 installed in a cup holder and I am stuck using the FM Transmitter cause the AUX volume sucks. I also have my iPod sitting in my center console with wires running behind into the Belkin car kit adapter/AUX jack. PAIN IN THE A**!

I have no interest in DVD's or TV on my NAV screen, but I do however want to do the iPod, Sirius and rear view camera thru my NAV on my 2006 LR3 HSE.

1. I am assuming I need to purchase the NAV-TV unit for $2200. Is that this part:
AV Input MOST Range Rover Sport/ Dicovery 3 Part num: OPV-1LR on this link: http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/products.php?prodcat=27&catname=Land Rover / Range Rover

2. Then I need the camera model u purchased. Where does it get mounted?

3. Then in February, buy the iPod adapter

4. March, SIRIUS adapter

Correct?

5. What did they charge you to hook up the NAV MOST unit? And the rear backup camera?

6. Where do I buy the NAV-TV MOST unit?

7. Lastly, I see they are also releasing a Stereo Input & Phone Mute, Part num: ROVAUX to allow you to install an aftermarket phone kit via I Bus. Does this mean I can replace my crappy LR3 Factory PTI Bluetooth with a better kit and use the Navigation screen to control it? Also - do you think you would still be able to use the factory buttons for calls? And if youinstall a good kit, means you can probably store your phone book over BlueTooth. And since it runs thru Fibre Optics, no worries about external speakers. I am loving this more and more as I type. Just do not know if it is all possible????

Finally someone that understand that spending a little more for good quality is worht it unlike the GROMMET guy...

I know what you mean with all the XM, Ipod stuff sitting around, it is a pain in the butt...

1. Yes that is the Nav-Tv Unit that you need to purchase, I e-mailed a guy there back & forth for awhile then he gave me his # and I called and placed the order over the phone...

2. There are many different back-up camera options, they really depend on the installer, I bought one through the Installer called a FrameCam, It is a liscene plate frame with a camera in it, I chose the Color & Night Vision Model for $695.00... I would just see what the Installer Reccomends because this is the one that they install regualrly, so that is the one that i went with, (just do some research online first, thats what i did)...

3. Yes in Feb. do the Ipod adapter, the person i talked to at Nav-tv said it will just be a plug in interface so i can do it myself when it comes...

4. Same with the XM/Sirius Interface...

5. I couldn't tell you what each item would cost because i had my hole set-up done at once so they cut me a deal, I wouldn't see how it would cost to much because i could of installed the Nav-Tv myself because it is all plug and play +sodering 4 wires but I wasn't comfortable taking apart my 2006 LR3 HSE's Dash...

6. Like i said you purchase it over the phone, just e-mail them...

7. I am not sure about your last ? because i have a cradle phone so that is how i use mine, you would have to e-mail Nav-tv and ask but based on what you are saying i think you can do that...

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
Uh, your story is a LOT different now... please post pictures of all of this. And your total costs. You started saying you used the Nav-TV tuner hack and a DVD changer (which you still didn't say "how" you control)... and now you say you used parts from the Range Rover Sport RSE DVD, too. I'm very skeptical and it really sounds like you are making this up. (Just buying the RRS RSE parts will cost you a ridiculous amount of money, and that doesn't even include all the effort trying to retrofit it into a vehicle that it isn't intended for!) If not, post some pictures and try to explain it more clearly... including how you control everything... and give us the name of your installer. By the way, RRS has factory Sirius since day one... why didn't you retrofit this in, too? :) I think it may be time for me to ignore this thread...

Anyway, regarding future Nav-TV add-ons... I won't believe it until I see it.

First off I control everything through the Navi Screen that is what the Nav-tv alows me to do...

Buying the Parts from the sport did cost a little but that really wasn't a big deal, as for it be intended for that, the headrests on the Range Rover & the Range Rover Sport are different so as long as the size of the back of the headrest in the LR3 was the same it would work, It just seems like you have a problem with someone spending money of stuff... Putting it in the LR3 is part of what they call Customizing your car & Yes it can cost a good chunk of change but it is all worth it...

As i said before i control everything through the Navi...

My installer was a Local installer called Xtreme Tinting & Car Customization in Maryland...

I would not retofit the Sirius from the Range Rover sport when i can just wait 2 months and get it through Nav-TV...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A picture is still worth more than your thousand words. Are you able to post pics? It would be greatly appreciated by many of us I presume. I would also go so far as to presume that Grommet probably is not making a judgement on your spending habits, but on the truthfullness of your claims. More power to you if you've achieved all this. But personally, I find it incredibly hard to believe, esp. the part about how you have a dvd player that plays 3 different dvd's simultaneously.

A

Amir

i am very much interested in this NAV-TV stuff as long as it does not have any effect on my warranty and it doesn't screw any thing else up in the truck knowing that it is an overly electronic and complicated vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo