Ipod Interface Through Nav-Tv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

w6000

roverman said:
A picture is still worth more than your thousand words. Are you able to post pics? It would be greatly appreciated by many of us I presume. I would also go so far as to presume that Grommet probably is not making a judgement on your spending habits, but on the truthfullness of your claims. More power to you if you've achieved all this. But personally, I find it incredibly hard to believe, esp. the part about how you have a dvd player that plays 3 different dvd's simultaneously.

I Agree with this statement

M

Matt_Grim2

I totally agree with what you are saying and will be taking and posting pictures...

W

w6000

Matt_Grim2 said:
I totally agree with what you are saying and will be taking and posting pictures...

Yes but, what dvd player do you have, all we need is a brand name.

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
Finally someone that understand that spending a little more for good quality is worht it unlike the GROMMET guy...

I know what you mean with all the XM, Ipod stuff sitting around, it is a pain in the butt...

1. Yes that is the Nav-Tv Unit that you need to purchase, I e-mailed a guy there back & forth for awhile then he gave me his # and I called and placed the order over the phone...

2. There are many different back-up camera options, they really depend on the installer, I bought one through the Installer called a FrameCam, It is a liscene plate frame with a camera in it, I chose the Color & Night Vision Model for $695.00... I would just see what the Installer Reccomends because this is the one that they install regualrly, so that is the one that i went with, (just do some research online first, thats what i did)...

3. Yes in Feb. do the Ipod adapter, the person i talked to at Nav-tv said it will just be a plug in interface so i can do it myself when it comes...

4. Same with the XM/Sirius Interface...

5. I couldn't tell you what each item would cost because i had my hole set-up done at once so they cut me a deal, I wouldn't see how it would cost to much because i could of installed the Nav-Tv myself because it is all plug and play +sodering 4 wires but I wasn't comfortable taking apart my 2006 LR3 HSE's Dash...

6. Like i said you purchase it over the phone, just e-mail them...

7. I am not sure about your last ? because i have a cradle phone so that is how i use mine, you would have to e-mail Nav-tv and ask but based on what you are saying i think you can do that...

On # 7, are you using the Nolia 6230? I tried that but was only able to see 1 phone number per listing in the phone book. So if my wife's name is in my phone book with a HOME, CELL, and WORK number, the first number is the only dialable number thru the Factory PTI system with the Nokia 6230 (Most recommeded phone by LR apparently). How are you making out? Do you have this issue?

Also - Was the NAV-TV unit $2200 total? How will you hook up the iPod? I am assuming you will have to pull off the dash cover to get to the unit?

Also - With the rear back-up camera, does it turn on as soon as you go into reverse? and the Parking sensors still work?

L

lacarruk1

BIG NEWS!!!! I spoke to NAV-TV guy today. They are releasing the Sirius and iPod interfaces in late Feb/early March to work thru NAV system AND GUESS WHAT -- You don't need to spend the $2200 on NAV-TV interface for these things to work. They will be seperate. So now - THIS IS SOUNDING LIKE A GOOD OPTION - But lets wait and see the specs and what the integration is really going to be like.

You only need the NAV-TV interface for TV and DVD thru your navigation screen. This I do not think is worth $2200.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems the iPod support that Nav-TV is working on will "emulate" the Sirius satellite radio feature (SDARS), which is already available in the core infotainment system. This is somewhat similar to the "CD changer" emulation most iPod interfaces use. So, the UI should be the same as the one used for the factory Sirius radio option that is orderable on Range Rover & Range Rover Sport... (and LR3 since December builds.)

So, there is a chance this might be a decent hack... we'll need to see. (Do note that the factory Sirius support is part of the normal stereo head unit controls, which is not Touchscreen on LR3 and RRS... only "big" Range Rover has a Touchscreen stereo.)

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
It seems the iPod support that Nav-TV is working on will "emulate" the Sirius satellite radio feature (SDARS), which is already available in the core infotainment system. This is somewhat similar to the "CD changer" emulation most iPod interfaces use. So, the UI should be the same as the one used for the factory Sirius radio option that is orderable on Range Rover & Range Rover Sport... (and LR3 since December builds.)

So, there is a chance this might be a decent hack... we'll need to see. (Do note that the factory Sirius support is part of the normal stereo head unit controls, which is not Touchscreen on LR3 and RRS... only "big" Range Rover has a Touchscreen stereo.)

They won an award at the CES show:

http://www.cesweb.org/attendees/awards/innovations/rd_2006honorees.asp?category=95

NAV-TV Corp.

Fiber Optic iPod interface
Design by: NAV-TV Corp.
www.nav-tv.com

Here is link to image:
http://www.cesweb.org/shared_files/innovations/innovations_2004/5232/mainphoto5232.jpg

Neutera model OPi World's First iPod to M.O.S.T Interface Integrates iPod with M.O.S.T equipped vehicles: Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Land Rover, Audi, Jaguar

Location(s): This honoree is not exhibiting at the 2006 International CES.

Attachments

• mainphoto4151.jpg
    mainphoto4151.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 112

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much of an award, especially if they didn't show anything. :D

FYI: Alpine had a MOST interface "sample" on display for iPod at CES *last* year. :)

Also, Dension announced working on MOST based vehicles recently... but isn't targeting Land Rover:

DENSION DEBUTS IPOD INTEGRATION TO “MOST” FIBRE OPTIC VEHICLES – AN INDUSTRY FIRST!

Signal Hill, CA., Jan. 6, 2006 —Visitors to this year’s CES (Jan 6-9 in Las Vegas,NV) and Macworld Expo (Jan 11-14 in San Francisco, CA) events will see Dension Audio Systems’ innovative integration of the Apple iPod to the “MOST” fibre optic vehicle infotainment platform.

MOST is an industry standard supported by major vehicle manufacturers including Mercedes-Benz / DaimlerChrysler, BMW, Volkswagen/Audi Group and selected vehicles in Ford’s Premier Automotive Group. The standard provides for the connection of vehicle entertainment, information and navigation components by a fibre optic ring. Until now, the addition of third party or aftermarket products to vehicles equipped with this ring has been virtually impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax