00 Disco, 66k, APCO warranty to 100k, pull trigger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Made an offer on a 2000 Discovery yesterday. He accepted, heres the details..let me know what you think.

2000 Gray/Beige Discovery, all options, towing, third row, ACE, H/K, loaded...

Currently at 66k miles, APCO extended warranty to 100k or Jan/08. They dont cover general maint issues, but pretty much all mech failures and you can take the car to any certified service center/dealer but they must contact each other to work out price, etc before repairs occur.

Car has been in one wreck last winter, no body damage just replaced the front bumper. Car was a fleet vehicle until this owner (that doesnt mean rental car does it? My friend in the auto biz said that was just a business car. Carfax checks out with maintenace/owners/mileage.

We are at $14,000. Is that a decent price? Car is 250 miles away, tentative plans to pick it up next weekend...

What do you guys think? Car looks great in pictures, 1 small scratch by door handle, interior is perfect - no smoke.

Appreciate any words of wisdom...

D

discomike

With the warranty, that is a pretty good deal, if you get it make sure to check and see if it has CDL, this would make it even a better deal.
mike J.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, DII's had the cdl ****** until mid-year 2001. Sounds to me like you're getting a good deal. Have you driven it yet?

D

discomike

That was supposed to be the case, but it is not always the case.
If you do have it, this should be one of your first upgrades.
Good luck,
Mike J.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I have not driven it yet, Im also not sure about the CDL...Im pretty **** so If it doesnt check out and look clean Ill walk and suck up and take a 10hr round trip drive. I will check into the CDL.

I talked to the service center at the local LR dealer and they knew both the car and the seller. Had nothing but great things to say about both, this story may have a happy ending!!! :)

:biggrin:

D

discomike

Center diff. lock. That is a locking system inside the transfer case that locks the power equally to the front and rear axles.
Mike

S

SteveA

Sounds like a good price. Just make sure and do all the things APCO wants you to do to transfer the warranty. They have some forms and there is a charge to transfer the coverage. They also have a waiting period before you can make claims on the warranty. It's worth taking the time to make sure and get it done properly. One of my clients did not go through all the steps to transfer an APCO warranty, and we tried to make a claim on it. When that happens, it throws up all kinds of red flags at APCO. After that, they would not let the customer transfer it.

APCO offers a good warranty, but it's worth the time and effort to make sure the coverage is trasferred correctly.

Stephen

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive talked to APCO and have everything written down that they require- dont want to fall short and have nothing.
All signs are pointing to Yes on this one, just need to finalize the loan and find a way to pick it up.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just thought I would throw a picture up, dont have it yet but should by next week:

2000discovery.jpg

sngrant_image5.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo