'00 Disco Has Self-Levelling Suspension PROBLEMS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsrjr01

Reaction score
It's me again... Yes, Both mine and my wife's trucks have mechanical issues at the very same monent...

'00 Discovery Series II... Zero Modifications... 132K Miles

Problem first began by rear end of truck sinking low while parked overnight. No worries, it levels out as soon as the truck is started the next day...

Next...While driving on interstate, rear end decides to sink again... No response from the Self Levelling Suspension (SLS) button once pulled over to side of road... As soon as the tow gets there, it re-inflates, but sinks again upon arrival at mechanic. Diagnosis...Faulty Right Rear Height Sensor. Fixed for $142.00.

Now here I am today...Exactly 2 weeks since repair was made and... The back end dropped out again while pulling up a hill to a stop...No response from the SLS button again after we had stopped. Got home, looked at it for two days, cranked her up and as I changed parking spaces on the street, the rear end re-inflated... Oh Happy Day.

Delivered to mechanic for a little look/see. Diagnosis... Air Bellows on both sides are leaking air and need to be replaced to the tune of $1300.00...OR... I can save a little money and convert the system to a standard suspension for only $900.00!!! Does this sound reasonable?

I have no idea.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You can replace the air bags with springs for less than $500, check with atlantic british for the parts for the conversion. Or call Nathan @ discountbritishparts.com

strutmastr

Reaction score
Your air bags are definitely bad. at Strut Masters you can get the air suspension to coil spring Conversion kit for $277.00 with a life time warranty. These springs are powder coated AMERICAN MADE STEAL!!! They are also guaranteed to last you the life or your car!!!.

The site to this set is below. I hope I was of some help to you.

http://www.strutmasters.com/Range-R...-Suspension-Conversion-p/-rr-discovery-ii.htm

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM