00 disco II lift opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gents. I have a 2000 disco2 and I am Now seriously thinking of a Lift. I have a bunch of questions that I couldn't find after searching my butt off. First off I have done a few lifts to Jeeps and suvs and some trucks and they always say "complete kit" which I have learned means that you also need this and thats. But back to the issue at hand, the disco that I want to do has (ACE) on it. What will I have to do with this? Will it work, do I need to mod it or eliminate it? Also what is a good height for these vehicles? I was thinking 3-4" . I want to do as little as possible to it but I would like to keep it all spring so I can get some good articulation and make it a bit more "capable". If a 3-4" lift is feasible what is a good size tire so I won't have to cut it up to pieces? What is usually missing out of the kits? I have more questions but I will save them for later in the thread. Any help, insight and opinions will be greatly appreciated and respected. Thanks Joe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
2 inches is normally the easy hight for a LR, less to change and less expensive. Any tire over 32 inches will require much cutting.

Complete kits, there are a couple out there and IIRC they are complete.

Of course now I can't seem to located them.... but I have seen complete kits out there.

The larger in hight you go, the more it costs and the harder it will be to make it all work happy.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey, Might you have any insight on the ace system? Joe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Shouldn't make a difference as far as the lift goes, ACE is basically a very expensive Sway bar system.

I know they still left it intact on the G4 Challenge Vehicles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo