03 Disco wouldn't turn over. Until I moved it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkiFastBadly

Reaction score
As in the title, I have an 03 Disco with 70K miles on it. The other day I got in, turned the key, and it acted like the recently replaced battery was dead. Lights dimmed, I heard a clicking... but it wouldn't crank. So, figuring the battery somehow drained, I put a charger on it but the charger read "full charge". Weird. I tried it in both Neutral and Park thinking maybe a problem with a sensor, no dice, same symptoms. So I told my wife to get in the truck while I pushed it out of the garage for better light. Then she tried it and it started right up. And has now six or seven times since.

I'm thinking that some sensor was buggered up or some short, but since it's my wife's vehicle, I don't want her using it if this sounds like something that's going to strand her.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Craig

SkiFastBadly

Reaction score
Follow up: It's started flawlessly several times aday since the original post last weekend. Whatever it was, it seems not to be serious.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to reply... but had a major work issue....

Almost sounds like it was the starter relay (not proper term but brain is fried from computer issues this last week) may have been sticking... or just a bad ground. Check the battery posts and make sure they are clean and tight... also check the starter wires to make sure they are not loose.

SkiFastBadly

Reaction score
Thanks, Joey,

I did notice the negative battery connection was loose. Could have been it.

Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9