'03 F/lander-crank but no start, sometimes-help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andover

Reaction score
My 03 Freelander began intermitantly not starting about a month ago. It is now at least once a day, the starter engages and it will crank over just fine, but engine will not fire up. Come back an hour later and starts right up. Landrover USA says there is an open campaign ( not free and not a recall) for the fuel pump control module. Does anyone know if this is related? They could nottell me anything else and the dealer service dept. does not return my calls.
If you are feeling really helpful, please read my next post about brake lights inop.
Thanks.

Jim Vargas

Reaction score
My 03 Freelander began intermitantly not starting about a month ago. It is now at least once a day, the starter engages and it will crank over just fine, but engine will not fire up. Come back an hour later and starts right up. Landrover USA says there is an open campaign ( not free and not a recall) for the fuel pump control module. Does anyone know if this is related? They could nottell me anything else and the dealer service dept. does not return my calls.
If you are feeling really helpful, please read my next post about brake lights inop.
Thanks.

Hi Andover
I can recomeded to verify you CMP and CKP Sensor. When this sensors are fail, the car don't start or start intermitantly. Check for any distortion on the plastic base or you can try puting near to a metal device or part and confirm a weak magnetic force. The CMP sensor is on the front part of the engine below of the motor front to the radiator. On the Rave diagram motor have the number 10.

Suerte Amigo

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9