03 LR Discovery in need of help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlowery8719

Reaction score
Hey, my name is Troy and I own a 2003 Land Rover Discovery. Problem is that for over a year I haven't been able to drive it due to the fact that it needs a new engine. The dealership told me that it would cost $12,000 to replace and install which I can not afford. So now I am stuck with this awesome vehicle, making $350 payments monthly on a Land Rover that I cannot even drive. It's draining to say the least and I feel as though i'm going to be stuck making these payments until it's payed off which I still have $10,000 left on... Please, if anyone can help me out in any way possible, that would be great. I would greatly value some advice and maybe suggestions as to what to do. For me being only 22 years old, I feel as though i'm in way over my head..

Thanks,
Troy

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure this is the correct section to post this unless your selling it... but what is the issue? Why are they saying you need a new engine?

jlowery8719

Reaction score
Hey Joey, appreciate you responding back. Yeah, I agree, probably not the right section to post it in but if someone wants to buy it than that works too.... It's a sticky situation. Apparently it was a problem long before I got it but never showed up in a vehicle history report. Antifreeze leaked into the engine, also there's a crack in the engine block which makes it impossible for oil and water to run through. I wish I knew more about vehicles but i'm practically clueless. This happened when I was overseas in Iraq. I had left it with family down in Georgia and that's where it remains. I'm currently up in North Carolina. If you can help me and need more specifics, please let me know.

Thankyou,
Troy

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Give Nathan a call, he may be able to find you an engine for a real good price... contact info in my signature.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635