04 Disco PO 303

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Rover with 73,500 miles start to flash the service engine light and with the code 303 I clear the code, clean the engine ,was oil from the valve cover gasket dripping on the wire ,tight the bolts and the car was fine for one day ,the service light and the code 303 is back ?!? base on what I am reading on the forum must be the mass air flow sensor ?
Thank you

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you got your information but it is impossible for a MAF to cause 1 cylinder to mis-fire.
Go to the basics, replace what must be your original grey plug wires with a set of 8 mm silicone STI or Magnecor wires along with new plugs if they are original and you will be set.
The possible reason your's threw a code is because your leaking wires are leaking and when ever they get wet they will ground to the block.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was one of the post "Had the same missfire codes/issues on my 99 D2. Ended them with the coil replacement, after doing the plug/wire/compression dance. Since I needed/wanted to get the manifold off anyway, I changed all wires/plugs, leaking valve cover gaskets, throttle body heater gasket, injector gaskets, had the injectors blown out at the local diesel shop, and cleaned all the accumulated junk out of the throttle body, mass airflow sensor, an idle regulator . No more missfire (convinced it was the coil, not an injector since they didn't look too bad) and I was amazed at how dang well that engine ran afterwards. Idles smooth as silk and has tons of power now, however psychological those results may be, glad i did it."
Considering was the second post with the same solution !!

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike Thank you ,I order a set of STI wire and spark plugs ,valve cover gasket,one set of coil ignitions and MAF sensor :) I will start the job next week when I have all the parts ,today when I read the cod was P 303 ,P 306 and P1300 I am not driving the rover is siting in the garage ! retired until the problem will be corrected
Any idea how long will take to replace the spark plugs , wire and the coil ?

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be needing a new MAF and coil so save the o;d parts cause they will still be good and make great back ups.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike ????I replaced all the parts and I have the same problem P1300 ignition control .P303 and P307 ??:help:
spark plugs
ignition wire
ignition coil
valve cover gasket

Attachments

• Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: