04 HSE Brake sensitivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidvillain

Reaction score
I have a customer that is stating that thier 04 HSE brakes dont feel as sensitive now that the rotors,pads, and calipers have been rebuilt/replaced. Used aftermarket rotors, Metallic pads........I drive the vehicle and it stops on a dime, however, customer states it doesnt feel like it used to.........Knowing that RR rotors and pads are softer than aftermarket I'm at a loss chasing a "sensitivity" issue.......any suggestions?:albertein

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the fact that metallic plates were added to it. I only used ceramic on my 04 RR-HSE, Akebono to be exact. My RR stops nice and smoothly, even when I apply the brakes hard. Not too sure about the rotors though, but my best bet would be to stay away from the metallic or semi-metallic plates. :bandit:

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my friends there is a feature on the t4 system where you can actually change the sensitivity on the brakes. but yet again the brakes are still new and need to settle in. just get them nice and hot and let them cool .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99