06 LR3 choice: Base V6 vs SE V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
I've had the '06 V6 SE for 3 years now. Leather, sunroof, everything the rest of the LR3's with an SE has except for the Heated Seats, Heated Wind Shield and that was only offered on the HSE models. Anyway, as far as performance goes----The V6 is a sweet little engine and is very adequate despite the weight of the vehicle. Off-Road you will never know the difference, that being said you will know a difference in hill ascension on the highway with a heavy headwind. The V6 will kick out of 6th gear a lot while the V8 won't. The Fuel milage is bloody awful, I average 16.1 MPG. Thats not very good for a V6 but we know why(Weight of Vehicle). I bet if mine had a V8 I would get somewhere very close to the same MPG. My dealer buddies in Dayton laugh at me and say the 3 with a V6 can't even get out of its own way! They're full of sh*t. Insurance is lower on the V6 also. And I like to respect the environment too. You can't go wrong with either. IMO.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually if you want to decode your VIN with the details of how LR built it there's a demo of something the Faultmate guys are building which is pretty damn cool - see this forum link for details:

http://www.**************/forum/topic88978.html

(replace the stupid stars with disco3 dot co dot uk)

Use the demo login and put in your VIN # and you get to see all kinds of build sheet goodies....

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I like to respect the environment" So you bought the V6 gas guzzling pig instead of the V8 gas guzzling pig. The environment is grateful :biggrin:

PhilSessions

Reaction score
"I like to respect the environment" So you bought the V6 gas guzzling pig instead of the V8 gas guzzling pig. The environment is grateful :biggrin:

Gas Guzzling is the Main Point here People. Thanks Roverman for pointing that out to us all. Very informative of you.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Terribly sorry to stray from the main point. I thought you were adding a little of your own levity with the ridiculous statement that you like to respect the environment so you bought the V6.

ps, you actually could get the cold weather package on an SE in '06

PhilSessions

Reaction score
Terribly sorry to stray from the main point. I thought you were adding a little of your own levity with the ridiculous statement that you like to respect the environment so you bought the V6.

ps, you actually could get the cold weather package on an SE in '06

Cool Roverman you are the man!!!! I mean you are the roverman!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd