'06 LR3 HSE on order... I can't wait!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24Hours

Yesterday my wife and I finally did it... we ordered our LR3! We are not prior Disco owners, but my brother-in-law has the Disco II and loves it. My wife and I generally rented the Disco when we'd go home to CO to see family, so it was always on our radar. But honestly, I was targeting the G500 for our eventual choice, at least until we drove the LR3 last year. The test drive was great and we were committed, at least until the lease rates were made known to me (oddly, I don't want to commit to purchase, just yet). In order to get the LR3 fitted the way we wanted, it would have run the lease rate at nearly $1,000/mo!

So we started looking at the G500 again, but then let it rest for awhile. And for nearly three years, we'd only had the '04 Volvo V70R, but in December '05 I got a fully-loaded '05 R and my wife refused to have a "his and her's", so I recently sold the '04. The sale freed me up to look again, and this time it was meant to be.

Again, I feel lucky that the prices (through April 4th) are so good. I did my homework and talked the price down quite a bit and the dealer was very accomodating and very professional. We decided on blue paint on the light tan leather and amazingly, the LR3 HSE (our order) comes loaded w/ almost everything you could want (among other things):
* DVD navigation w/ voice commands and prompts
* Third-row seats with the curtain air bags all the way to the back row
* 550-watt HK stereo
* Bluetooth-ready
* Parking sensors (front and rear)

We added:
* Luxury package for the sake of the adaptive lights, but the fridge is nice!
* Running boards for the sidesteps, which will be great w/ two kids
* Dual-screen RSE (for the kids!)
* Satellite radio
* Wood trim

What I'm confused about right now is whether the iPod compatability is only possible on the V6 Optional package/Standard V8 SE. The dealer told me that there is an iPod port in the HSE, but the LR website does not seem to indicate that.

But for now, I'm really pumped and am looking forward to our first road trip.

Cheers. :beer:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no "iPod port" on any Land Rover. It's just an AUX 3.5mm mini-jack you can plug any audio device into... and, yes, you will have it. Search for iPod for far more threads about this...

Which manufacturer is supplying your rear DVD kit parts?

J

jazzy_james

I too am interested in your RSE DVD install? I'm assuming this is not a factory option but rather a dealer install. How much is that running you?

Congrats on your LR3 HSE order. Am enjoying my LR3 HSE immensely. Have all the factory options except Sirius. I actually purchase my HSE without special ordering since the dealership just received one with all my specs. Running boards is a very nice add-on since I have 2 kids myself. Plus, it makes the LR3 look wider. Love the bluetooth and toughscreen nav too!

Going to break 1000 miles this week! Had the car since 2/9. Again, congrats!

24Hours

grommet said:
There is no "iPod port" on any Land Rover. It's just an AUX 3.5mm mini-jack you can plug any audio device into... and, yes, you will have it. Search for iPod for far more threads about this...

Which manufacturer is supplying your rear DVD kit parts?

Ah, thanks for the iPod info. So is that to say that it plugs in from the HP jack?. That means it has to be controlled via the iPod itself, which I was hoping to avoid. I got the Volvo iPod kit installed in my '05 V70R, which has its shortcomings (will only play from 10 play lists), but at least I can use the controls on the steering wheel.

So far as the dual RSE, I'm not sure who the parts come from, and the other person here is correct that it is a dealer install, which I believe they all are. I didn't want the single screen to block the view from the rearview mirror, so this seemed like the right thing to do. Cost, I'm told by the dealer is ~$2,000, which is still slightly cheaper than the single center flip-down screen. However, the dual screens might not be 9", but I'll get more info later.

Cheers. :beer:

R

ravissingh

congrats

Congrats. I just did 3200 miles down and up the west coast, Seattle to Palm Springs and back with stops in Medford and Bakersfield, with wife and 1 yrs old son. Very comfortable. No problems. Averaged over 16mpg overall. You'll love the vehicle. My 05 HSE has all available options. The cooler box was very handy.

My vehicle has been in the shop 4x over the last 8mths for vaiorus things, nothing major but mostly high tech dysfunction. This is frustrating but the vehicle is such
luxury to have every time its driven that it makes up for these times. This will happen and don't let it bother you. It will all be under warranty a with a paid rental or loaner car. My wife can be very fussy when she is ready and even she manages to be patient becuase it is such a neat vehicle.

We were considering the Volvo SUV but after test driving the LR3, we were immediately sold. My nephews and nieces love the 3rd row seats and would rather ride in the LR3 than in their parent's minivans. Lots of room back there for a 6 footer also.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99