'08 vs. '09 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MPG_LR3

Reaction score
Well my LR3 purchase saga continues :smile:.

I very much appreciate the responses to my question regarding reliability of the later model year LR3s and now I find I have a choice of vehicles...there is an '08 HSE and an '09 HSE both with pretty much every conceivable option. The '08 has ~31,000 miles (48,000Km) and the '09 has ~23,000 mi (37,000Km). Of course, the '09 is at a LR dealer and they are asking quite a bit more $$ for it compared to the '08 private sale, but I'm sure I could negotiate down to a reasonable number.

I haven't found much info here on the MY09's and I think they are pretty rare beasts here in Canada. Are there any compelling differences between the MY08 and MY09 that would make the '09 a better choice (aside from the lower miles and greater warranty coverage)? Were there any differences in Nav/Bluetooth/iPod connectivity? Any other differences worth noting?

As always, thanks in advance for your assistance!

Cheers,
Mike

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 2008's were the last to offer free 4 year/50k mile maintenance, which is not the same as the 4yr/50k mile warranty which they both have. If you haven't noticed, the '09's have body colored bumpers, wheels arches, door/liftgate handles, and tailgate trim. Some people like that, others don't. I think the 2009's also had acoustic laminated windshield and windows, but not sure on that one. I know for sure the '09 rr sport's had that change.

MPG_LR3

Reaction score
dantheman1...thanks for the response. That's pretty much what I had thought although I had never heard anything about the acoustic laminated glass.

Found another 2008 LR3 HSE worth looking at but it differs from the other ones I've looked at in that it has odd square-patterned perforations on the seating surfaces rather than the smooth leather that the others had.

Does anyone know if these perforations indicate a different grade of leather or equipment between models?

Sorry for all the questions...I just want to make sure I get the nicest LR3 I can :biggrin:!

Cheers,
Mike

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yah, that's another difference. The '07+ years (or maybe starting with '08) had an optional luxury package which included upgraded smooth leather and straight grain wood on dash and side vents. The non-lux package LR3's had perforated leather seats and plastic interior trim pieces. The lux package also includes a center console fridge (optional on HSE models) and I think* xenon headlights that turn with the steering wheel. Regular xenons are a part of the xenon lighting package, optional on SE, std on HSE.

MPG_LR3

Reaction score
dantheman1...wow that was a quick reply!

What you indicate makes sense but the '08 LR3 with the perforated leather also has the straight grained walnut wood trim as does the '09 with the smoother, nicer-looking leather. I wonder if it's a difference between the U.S. and Canadian market vehicles (I'm in Calgary, Alberta Canada).

I think I'm just going to have to find a way to determine the as-delivered options on each vehicle to allow me to make an informed decision.

The good news is that both of them are in like-new condition and have really low mileage (both under 23,000mi or 37,000Km)!

Thanks again!

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM