1,000th post about LR3 Air leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisc2683

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know there are whole sub sub sub forums dedicated to this topic by now, but I was wondering if you could offer some help. I'm kind of stumped.

I have 2008 LR3 with a Johnson Rod Mod on her.

I bought it with last year with 78k on it. Since the beginning the suspension has been deflating after two days or so.

I did a test (removing air suspension fuses) and waited three days. I came back and my front was completely bottomed out, while my rear end was still fully inflated. This led me to believe that it was the front valve block. I replaced that. Still have a leak.

I've noticed than even when I leave it alone for a day, the nose is noticeably lower than the rear. If it's sitting for a week, the whole thing will be lowered.

Any thoughts?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your driveway flat or inclined? I've seen my Lr3 drop the nose trying to level things out. If you aren't getting faults, it could also be a pinhole in front airbags. My fronts have generally had more leakage and replacement issues than rears. In fact, I just replaced my rears at 166,000 miles.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisc2683

Reaction score
I made sure to run my test on a flat surface. And where I park normally is also level.

If it were a leaky airbag, wouldn't it lean towards that side? My LR3 always flattens out at the same rate in the front. Is it possible that I have two leaky airbags?

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be a valve block in the front right wheel well.

wampastompah

Reaction score
I'm having this exact same problem on my 2005, and I would appreciate advice on the matter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM