12v Accessory Feed - Where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Griffog

I need to install a 4-Way Cigarette Lighter Socket under the fuse panel cover to allow me to connect the various different PDA's and other devices I use on GPS Tests.

I have the 4-Way adapter but need to hard wire it in and can't identify a suitable 12v accessory feed, preferably ignition switched.

Can anyone suggest a suitable feed under the steering wheel that I can tap into?

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darren ... there are clips with spade bit receivers that attach to the fuses which allows you to attach wires on the protected side of the fuse. This way you do not need to cut or damage the existing wiring. I got a set from our cellular guys to install my hands free kit. Any automotive radio store may carry them on your side of the pond.

If you need some and cannot get them, PM me and I will ship a few off to you.

Jaak Lepson

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jaak, just noticed we frequent the same forums with the same cars!!

:)

G

Griffog

Jaak said:
Darren ... there are clips with spade bit receivers that attach to the fuses which allows you to attach wires on the protected side of the fuse. This way you do not need to cut or damage the existing wiring. I got a set from our cellular guys to install my hands free kit. Any automotive radio store may carry them on your side of the pond.

Do I need to remove the fuse box to gain access to this?

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO .. the GM style fuse is pulled and the clip is attached to one of the legs. Just plug it back in and you are ready to go. No cutting bending etc. Got this from one of our companies wireless VP's ...

The Bracket vendor for my Disco lives about 15 miles from me. He is also one of our companies wireless vendor ... small world!

Jaak Lepson

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam Grant said:
Hey Jaak, just noticed we frequent the same forums with the same cars!!

:)

Small world, eh!!! I like my 03 Disco ... especially when I got it for 64% of the new car value a year later and with only 18,300 Kilometers on the clock. First time I won with a woman!!!!

Jaak Lepson

G

Griffog

Jaak said:
NO .. the GM style fuse is pulled and the clip is attached to one of the legs. Just plug it back in and you are ready to go. No cutting bending etc.

Ah gotcha, I understand now, they sound like a perfect solution, now all I need to do is find a source in the UK, cheers :)

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darren ... did you get the package?

Jaak Lepson

G

Griffog

Not as yet but then the Royal Mail is slow at best where I live!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd