1450 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deserounus

Reaction score
If anyone gets the 1450 code here was my problem and the fix:

I got the 1450 code for quite a while. Everyone goes straight to the gas cap. I replaced it, I did this, I did that, still the code would pop.

Look into this:

1. Do you ever smell radiator coolant when you get out or has anyone mentioned smelling it? What I found is the overflow expansion tank cracks at the bottom. This, in my vehicle, was due to the front metal bracket for the lip to slide into was too short. It took replacing 3 tanks before I discovered this. A stress fracture occurs due to the slight bend created. Add the engine heat and it's just a matter of time. In fact, within 2-4 weeks each time the light would come on and the 1450 code would pop again. I'm not saying that's the only reason for a 1450 but it was my problem.

Solution: Take an old mouse pad or bicycle inner tube and cut 2 pieces slightly larger than the bracket and lay them over the metal bracket. I used contact cement to secure them to the bracket and each other. That was a year ago. No issues since!

2. Where the black air intake tunnel from the air filter attaches to the plenum, on the underside, there is a small plate used to inject heated water into a jacket for improving cold weather running. Every LR dealer tech told me it's one of their worse problems. A pinhole size leak can develop at this location due to the gasket failure. I think it's the design of 3 screws in a triangular pattern rather than 4 in a square.

When you replace it use gasket sealer or ATV silicone. Again, solved my problem. And I did all this myself.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After checking 5 different Rover code charts, there is no 1450 code. Try and read it again with another scanner.

Deserounus

Reaction score
Been so long since I had the problem it may have even been 1350. Either way, I was posting the problem I had and how I solved it and was simply offering it up to the community. Over many years I have seen posts across innumerable websites asking about this code and the EVAP it relates too. Anyone with the problem will recognize the issue no matter the code.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge