18" wheel Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a more aggressive 265/65 than the BFG's :(

Here's hoping

The Hankook performs as well if not slightly better than the BFGs, based on a heads up comparo I read using a discovery. At about $200/tire it's a better deal. Admittedly it's only barely more aggressive, but still an option for you.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have the terra grapplers?

Just bought a set of Grapplers. Nice looking tire, looks good on the OE wheel and fills the wheel well the way god intended. Have had a few people compliment the look.

We had a late season snow in the mountains last weekend and I was surprised how much understeer I got while going up the pass (Berthoud for anyone keeping track). Don't think I can really blame the tires given how cold it was.

Time will tell, so far I like them. Very little rub in normal ride height. Hardly any notable road noise.

They are my first Nittos (was surprised to discover they are molded here in the U.S.) so I opted for a warranty that covers everything but misalignment wear.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Silent Armors for a year and they were good for most applications. Eventually I went to the BFG TKO because my offroading took on a more extreme life and I was blowing the SA sidewalls to much and sid by side on the exact same outfitted LR3 the BFGs general had better traction in mud and other rocky situations we see in SoCal.

I've read others complain about sidewall blowouts, but what then, is the purpose of the

"Durawall Technology" they say is suppossed to help resists cuts and punctures to the sidewalls :confused:

Trynian

Reaction score
I've read others complain about sidewall blowouts, but what then, is the purpose of the

"Durawall Technology" they say is suppossed to help resists cuts and punctures to the sidewalls :confused:

They do resist puncture in most conditions as they are designed to do. But they are not meant for more extreme conditions and some of the trails I run on have very sharp rock conditions.

The BFG's are just much thicker in the sidewall and the trade off is a stiffer ride.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the SA's sidewalls the same (technology and thickness) as the MT/R's? What is they ply rating of the SA?

rover80

Reaction score
i have some questions about using the lifts, johnson rods, etc. full time

is there any problems with alignment, do the dealers complain about it with rods installed, is there enough adjustment in the LR3/LR4 to reach the correct parameters.

has anyone had any problems with driveshafts, suspension, etc. running at the increased angles for extended periods, freeway driving, etc.

thank you and I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as a follow up cause i started this thread, i ended up going with the zeons. got a few thousand mi on them now and they have been awesome. look more aggressive in person than they did when i was shopping around online. been good off road in CO as well.

related to the jrods, i had my alignment done after buying the tires, dealership didnt say anything about them. as for long term, obviously haven't had them that long but nothing has gone wrong yet.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as a follow up cause i started this thread, i ended up going with the zeons. got a few thousand mi on them now and they have been awesome. look more aggressive in person than they did when i was shopping around online. been good off road in CO as well.

related to the jrods, i had my alignment done after buying the tires, dealership didnt say anything about them. as for long term, obviously haven't had them that long but nothing has gone wrong yet.

Where are you in CO? Who did your alignment (more accurately, which dealer)? I like my Nittos, have held up well thus far.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in Centennial, like arapahoe & I-25. You? let me know if you want to hit a trail sometime

I got the alignment at denver south. I have been to both south and east fairly regularly over the years...dont really have much preference either way. Yea, i was between the nittos and the zeons.

blew out a sidewall on one my zeon last weekend. granted it was going downhill in a decently deep stream, so i couldnt really place my tires well cause all the rocks were under water. I guess thats what warranties are for. Other than that they have been great

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635