1995 idle issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcoley612

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to Land Rovers. I have a question. I'm interested in buying a 1995 Land Rover Discovery with 138k miles on it. The seller has done work on the vehicle within the last 3 years of his ownership. He's had a tune up, new muffler, and starter. He's also had an air flow sensor and ideal air control valve installed. He's also installed new seats, new Sony stereo system and a brand new exterior paint job. The seller is stating that with all of the work done the truck won't stay idled. For example if you are at a stop light you have to keep your foot slightly on the gas so the truck won't cut off. He's only asking $2,200.00 for it and I'm sure he's put a lot more money than that into the truck.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it and if it'll cost an arm and a leg to fix. I'm going to have a mechanic look at it with me tomorrow however has anyone here ever heard of this issue or experienced it yourself?

Thanks. !

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Idle issues can be several things. Including tune up issues and if someone has installed a K&N style oiled air filter. Could be very dirty intake and throttle butterfly valve.

Could be cheap gas, could be fuel filter clogged, several things will cause this issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4