1996 Disco Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTDisco

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I need some help. I replaced a blown brake bulb on my Disco and then checked to see if all 3 brake lights turn on, which it did. A few hours later and now I can't turn on the truck. All my lights work fine. The battery is fully charged. Radio is fine. I don't have any dash lights when I turn the key in the ignition. Nothing! Because of this I can't get it out of Park on the gear selector. I traced all the fuses and all of them are ok, even the ones in the engine bay. I don't know where other fuses are located in order to troubleshoot. If it means anything, going to work one day I did notice my speedometer went all the way down to zero and then stayed at my current speed. This was the first time this happened since I've had it for 5yrs now. My truck has 201,000 miles on it and runs strong. This is my daily driver. Any help is much appreciated as always.
:proud:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
speedometer is probably a bad VSS (Vehicle Speed Controller). I would check the ECU for water damage or at least the plugs to make sure you don't have any corrosion. Also check the battery just in case, have it load tested.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635