1997 Disco Condenser Fans Gone Bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theshadman

Reaction score
Both condenser fans are shot on my 1997 Discovery...has anyone replaced them without removing the radiator by going through the front grill? Also, I'm considering straight wiring aftermarket/replacement fans to a toggle switch but would still need to find aftermarket fans. Has anyone done this?:help:

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 97 Disco, but it hasn't been a problem as yet because I don't do much city driving...

oly02

Reaction score
Radiator

The removal of the radiator is a very simple job that takes about 30mins. but I have a feeling this will not give you access to the fans because they are in front of the AC Condenser which is mounted forward of the radiator support panel.

You should be able to get to fans by removing the Grill

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never drive your truck when you KNOW that your fans are in-op, you are risking a toasted engine.
As for using aftermarket fans, be careful you need to install fans with equal or higher air flow numbers and they should be wired into the existing sensors.

theshadman

Reaction score
Never drive your truck when you KNOW that your fans are in-op, you are risking a toasted engine.
As for using aftermarket fans, be careful you need to install fans with equal or higher air flow numbers and they should be wired into the existing sensors.

What's the trick to finding wrecked or salvage parts?...I'm sure once I find the grapevine, I can continue to finish the re-build of my '97 Discovery.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9