1997 Disco SE7 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello;

Does anyone out there have an idea of what a Land Rover Code P1179 might mean? I know if falls under the AMFR catagory; for example, a P1178 = AMFR correction at its maximum positive value which, in turn, means "a high +ve AMFR adaptation will tend to indicate an air leak, un-metered air entering the system" - which likely means the need for a new or cleaned hotwire Mass Air Sensor. But P1179 (the code I am getting) means a high -ve AMFR adaptation - so, go figure, not enough metered-air? Just guessing and I am hoping someone out there has a better grasp of this than me.:confused:

Also, cruise-control cut out on a long West Coast trip down to LA - yes, I fixed those ever-rotting vacuum hoses but still nothing and no code thrown for this???? Vacuum pump? Relays? My dash switch actually lights up and seems to work when I hit it (fuses are A-ok).

Finally, and this may be the toughest of all: how does one repair/change a burnt bulb right in the stereo/tape/cd unit itself - ie., the most important area the display window where your radio channel or CD track show up at night?:help:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
P1179, I would bet on the MAF sensor needs cleaned, or worse replaced... I would also check your air filter.

Cruise control Check all the hoses from the vacuum pump to the 'T' as well as to the brake switch. I would also check the cruise diaphragm.

Changing the light in the radio... that one I have no idea.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roger on all these Joey - will check and let you know; thanks for the reply!

dishsoap1

Reaction score
I have an answer to the radio light. Loosen the two Allen screws. Pull the radio out a little. Pop off the cover of the radio (Button Piece). You will see the LCD attached to a circuit board. THe Bulb is also Soddered onto the Circuit board. But all you have to do is just pop out the LCD and attached circuit board.

And since you have already went to a Carpart.com type website. You take the new LCD and circuit board off of the used radio you bought for about 40 bucks and you now have a working light. Thats what I did. ;)

Hopefully that helped.

Dishsoap1

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an answer to the radio light. Loosen the two Allen screws. Pull the radio out a little. Pop off the cover of the radio (Button Piece). You will see the LCD attached to a circuit board. THe Bulb is also Soddered onto the Circuit board. But all you have to do is just pop out the LCD and attached circuit board.

And since you have already went to a Carpart.com type website. You take the new LCD and circuit board off of the used radio you bought for about 40 bucks and you now have a working light. Thats what I did. ;)

Hopefully that helped.

Dishsoap1
That sounds useful on the radio - will do; also, good to hear its an Allen hex-key because that's what I have been using and I was worried it was a small Torx and that I might be ruining those two small screw-heads.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9