1999 DI or 2000 DII

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jastutte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy my wife a newerish discovery. I've been looking at both the 99 DI and the 2000 DII. Right now we have a 96 DI and love it. We really like the 96 and it is fairly easy to work on, so, I'm leaning towards the 99 DI.

Any group wisdom on this? If this has been asked before is there a way to search the archives or any other pertinent links?

Thanks,

Jeremiah

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The D2 will give her more room and comfort over the D1, but if you like the features of the D1, stay with it.
How much are they asking for each of them?

jastutte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm just starting to research both and look for 99's and 00's for sale. Not a lot showing up in saint louis right now. The D2 scares me a little because of the three amigo stuff and the air ride suspension. This would be more stuff I probably couldn't fix if it broke.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind if it doesn't have SLS, then no air ride on the D2 and it would only be that back end anyways.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you maintain a D2, you won't have any ABS issues, same with the SLS.
The off-set to your concern is the extra room and comfort for your wife.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're keeping your D1 I'd suggest getting another D1 rather than a DII. There's a lot to be said for the commonality of parts. The diff is about the only thing a D1 and a DII have in common. My wife and I are looking for a D1 for her for that reason.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112